Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > General Parrot Information

General Parrot Information Post here for general parrot related topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo / RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanked 20,791 Times in 8,385 Posts
Scott is on a distinguished road
Re: Does your bird do goofy/naughty things?

Sponsored Links
Squeaky is the youngest, largest, and most playful of my Goffins offspring. He lives in a room with his mother, one of his brothers, and a TAG. When riding on my shoulder and exiting the room, he immediately flies to his oldest brother Gabby's cage in the family room. It is a playtop with newspaper neatly placed to catch the mess. Squeaky loves to dig for the bottom layer of paper and pull it out and start tearing it to shreds. (this of course messes up the other layers) He reserves a wad of newsprint and rubs it under his right wing. Silly bird!
Old 05-20-2018, 10:55 AM
Parrots:
One Cockatiel, and one Budgie.
Ziel is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by LeaKP View Post
Nigel is so naughty sometimes and he does it on purpose. When he’s put out with me he will stand at the top of the cage and bob up and down jabbering and flapping his wings. Then, he will go to his play stand and throw everything down to the floor. Once that is done, i begin lecturing how naughty he is. He looks square at me and says “nooooooo.” And then the cycle starts all over again.

The only way to end the cycle is to stop everything and let him complain on my shoulder at length. Once he is satisfied that I understand how bad i have been, he will snuggle in for a head scratch and beak grinding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure why we all still think we own our birds. This shows me who's in charge haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ziel For This Useful Post:
LeaKP (05-21-2018), Scott  (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Parrots:

Quote: Originally Posted by Mariar View Post
Sissy throws any and every thing on the floor. If its a paper product...she will shred it, throw it around then shred it again..and dont clean it up cuz she will tell you" stop that!" Shes biting my feet right now and i told her to knock it off..she told me "no" everytime i eat or drink from a cup its always" whats that" then if i dont share she climbs up me till she can reach my mouth and will proceed to try and grab whatever it is out of my mouth. When i ignore her shell say "im right here, up up" wouldnt have it any other way
Would it really be the same without them harassing you? Their behavior can be downright annoying at times, but you couldn't imagine being without them. They really are like toddlers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ziel For This Useful Post:
Scott  (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 10:57 AM
Parrots:

Quote: Originally Posted by wrench13 View Post
Salty lately has taken to shouting out "HELP HELP" and mixing in some of his maniacle laughs, when ever we are on the phone or someone comes to the front door. All done at the top of his lungs.
Omg... I've heard quite a few cases of people having the cops called on them because of things like this, only for the police to find it's a parrot. Salty is being naughty and he knows it!

Scott  (05-20-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 10:59 AM
Parrots:

Quote: Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Squeaky is the youngest, largest, and most playful of my Goffins offspring. He lives in a room with his mother, one of his brothers, and a TAG. When riding on my shoulder and exiting the room, he immediately flies to his oldest brother Gabby's cage in the family room. It is a playtop with newspaper neatly placed to catch the mess. Squeaky loves to dig for the bottom layer of paper and pull it out and start tearing it to shreds. (this of course messes up the other layers) He reserves a wad of newsprint and rubs it under his right wing. Silly bird!
This sort of sounds like my tiels, who decided to have a mini protest because I changed their bedding from newspaper to paper towels. They decided to rip it into tiny shreds which destroyed any protection the cage grate had!

Scott  (05-20-2018)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > General Parrot Information
Remove Ads