At what age do budgies reach full size?

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I had been thinking, apparently incorrectly, that my budgies had finished getting big. Then, about a week-n-half ago, they both pushed out some new tailfeathers, adding about inch & half to each their lengths.

Since then, they've also widened out slightly so they again look proportional.

They're about 9 months old. Are they probably full-size now? Or should I expect further increases?

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Yes, they are full sized

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I would say they reach full maturity size at 1 year old/12 months. They will continue to molt year after year that will grow new tail feathers and lose some, but after a year they're mature.

OP
fiddlejen

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I would say they reach full maturity size at 1 year old/12 months. They will continue to molt year after year that will grow new tail feathers and lose some, but after a year they're mature.

Thank you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts