Leaving your birds outside of their cage

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I have a bird-proofed room currently housing 4 parrots, at one time total of 6. All electric outlets sealed, no harmful window coverings, painters plastic on floor to protect tile. No furniture or exposed wires, just open cages and two stands. All of the birds have earned extraordinary privileges and are never locked in cages. The 3 Goffins are family and get along well, no competition with the single TAG. They have been in this environment for 11 years without incident or reason to curtail. Free to fly, it is fun to watch them choose where and with whom to hang out. On occasion the Goffins and TAG will land in close but respectful proximity.

Scott- I think your large flock is a perfect illustration of how some birds are ok to have more freedom and others need to be caged unless supervised. All your birds undoubtedly receive the same excellent, expert care in your home, but some are just more mischievous or don’t play as well with others as individuals.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I know my situation is rather fortunate and aberrant. So happy to have responsible parrots who get along and respect the four walls!

Most Reactions

Latest posts