Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Conures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2019, 02:11 AM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Fang (8yo (ab)normal grey cockatiel), HRH Crown Princess Lilly Pilly (purple-crowned lorikeet gotcha date 28 Oct 2018) & Valentino (budgie, gotcha date 14 Feb 2019 at approx 6mo)
Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,309 Posts
LaManuka is on a distinguished road
Re: Dipping Pellets

Quote: Originally Posted by CallumConure View Post
Callum's my weird fid and not only dips his food, but he dips it while hanging upside down. I give him a perch to sit on and everything, but he still clings to the side of his cage, head down, and then dips his food.
Now that’s what I call style
Boki (08-11-2019), Ellie777Australia (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 03:52 AM
Parrots:
Eclectus Female, Ellie; Eclectus Male, Bertie
Thanked 1,109 Times in 367 Posts
Ellie777Australia is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by LaManuka View Post
Callum's my weird fid and not only dips his food, but he dips it while hanging upside down. I give him a perch to sit on and everything, but he still clings to the side of his cage, head down, and then dips his food.

Darn it...Is Callum available to teach Ellie some style? How about HRH to each her some class? Do we have a 12 step program for 'uncouth' parrot behaviour...or 'how to make your parrot a true HRH like the most un-humble Lilly Pilly that I can take Ellie through???
The Following User Says Thank You to Ellie777Australia For This Useful Post:
Boki (08-11-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 05:38 AM
RemiBird is on a distinguished road

Remi dips all sorts of things into water to soften it up. Petey, I haven't seen her do that yet.
One time, I parked in front of my work building and there were a few crows on the parking lot. I happened to have some pretzels with me, so I threw some for the crows. One picked up some, went to the nearest rain puddle and started dunking the pretzel in it, lol. It was awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to RemiBird For This Useful Post:
Boki (08-11-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Parrots:
Sunny Mason Monkeybird Sun Conure (hatched 9-2018); & a pair-o-keets: MISTER Jefferson the Watchbudgie (Green Stripey) and Miss Calliope the Housekeeping Albino Acrobat (both Budgies appx Nov or Dec 2
fiddlejen is on a distinguished road

My Sunny actually likes to dip her SEEDs when eating. Not into either of her water dishes, but into the tower-style backup-water-dispenser with the tiny little area for lapping up water.

She occasionally Deposits her veggies into her large water dish, apparently for decoration, and her pellets she likes dry. She seems to view her Harrison's pellets (actually, the budgies' pellets, which they refused) as something like Doritos - a between-meal crunchy snack.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fiddlejen For This Useful Post:
Boki (08-11-2019), Inger Supporting Member (08-11-2019)
Old 08-10-2019, 02:09 AM
Parrots:
Callum- Green cheek conure Hatchday: October 15th, 2016 Pidgey - Budgie, female. Approx. Hatchday: 2017 R.I.P. my little Burd. You now rest with Camaro.
CallumConure is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Ellie777Australia View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by LaManuka View Post
Darn it...Is Callum available to teach Ellie some style? How about HRH to each her some class? Do we have a 12 step program for 'uncouth' parrot behaviour...or 'how to make your parrot a true HRH like the most un-humble Lilly Pilly that I can take Ellie through???
I'll have to get a picture of Callum doing it. It's kind of funny to watch, honestly.

Callum could teach her! I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Especially if I'm eating. Then he'll stare at me as he dips and eats his food. Water bowl gets very dirty very quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to CallumConure For This Useful Post:
Boki (08-11-2019)
Old 08-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years passed 2018
Thanked 6,973 Times in 2,438 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road

Ta-dah loves to make soup with pellets. Makes humane slave clean water bowl every few hours so nasty bacteria grows. I moved the bowl far far away to another Galaxy to try and cut this down, no luck she just commutes with pellets now. Lol didn't decrease the behavior at all, but at least we are both equally irked now !!
Boki (08-11-2019)
Old 08-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Parrots:
Cinnamon GCC - Camila Cinnamon GCC - Izzie Pineapple GCC - Ania
JWF1602 is on a distinguished road

Two out of my three green cheeks are what we like to call “dirty dippers.” In matter of fact, Izzy dunks everything she eats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JWF1602 For This Useful Post:
Boki (08-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Parrots:
Sunny Mason Monkeybird Sun Conure (hatched 9-2018); & a pair-o-keets: MISTER Jefferson the Watchbudgie (Green Stripey) and Miss Calliope the Housekeeping Albino Acrobat (both Budgies appx Nov or Dec 2
fiddlejen is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurasea View Post
Ta-dah loves to make soup with pellets. Makes humane slave clean water bowl every few hours so nasty bacteria grows. I moved the bowl far far away to another Galaxy to try and cut this down, no luck she just commutes with pellets now. Lol didn't decrease the behavior at all, but at least we are both equally irked now !!
Since my Sunny goes to so much trouble to dip all her food into the Tiny drinking-slot of her back-up water-tower, I tried adding Yet Another small water dish to her cage, right beside her food dish.

The result is a new soup-filled water dish. But she STILL insists on reaching, at an impossible angle, to continue to dunk everything into the little millimeters-wide water canal of her back-up water-tower.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fiddlejen For This Useful Post:
Boki (08-12-2019), Inger Supporting Member (08-11-2019)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Conures