Minor_Arcana

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2018
Media
Iowa
Parrots
Lexa - 4 year old ā€˜tiel
Zephyr - 2 year old quaker
So, I'm experimenting more with Lexaā€™s diet, and I need some more assistance.

Iā€™m planning to make a very large purchase for Lafeber bird foods, but I need help making some decisions.

The company sent me some samples, and while itā€™s usually takes my bird a while to even try a new food, she was willing to eat these immediately, and without questions.

However, Iā€™m not sure whether to get all of the foods that the company provided samples for, or to provide her with only her absolute favorite.

All of the foods are complete diet plans.

There are five different foods I would be purchasing from the brand, but the problem with those five foods is, she will eat the food, but she wonā€™t finish it.

However, with her favorite food, she will eat every. single. bite.

Iā€™m thinking, if I purchase her favorite, I would be saving money, since I discard the food after she has had her dinner (I feed her MASH for breakfast).

She eats all of her favorite, but not all of the five. So, I would be wasting more food if I buy all of the 5 foods.

I think Iā€™m being irrational or something but I just donā€™t want to waste food, you know?

What do you guys think I should do? Lexa would be happy either way ;)

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Im not an expert at all. When I got my Sun Conure in March, she was a refreshing change from my super-picky budgies in part because, with exception of a few specific flavor-dislikes, she would eat pretty much anything.

But now, after I've been figuring out her Favorites, she is start to become a bit Picky herself.

For thlist reason alone, I would recommend NOT feeding her Only her favorite. Make sure to keep her less-favorite-but-tolerable choices in the mix.

OP
Minor_Arcana

Minor_Arcana

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2018
Media
Iowa
Parrots
Lexa - 4 year old ā€˜tiel
Zephyr - 2 year old quaker
Im not an expert at all. When I got my Sun Conure in March, she was a refreshing change from my super-picky budgies in part because, with exception of a few specific flavor-dislikes, she would eat pretty much anything.

But now, after I've been figuring out her Favorites, she is start to become a bit Picky herself.

For thlist reason alone, I would recommend NOT feeding her Only her favorite. Make sure to keep her less-favorite-but-tolerable choices in the mix.

I didnā€™t think about that! Yes, as long as she keeps eating the food I suppose it will be easier to give her different fruits and veggies in the future!

I think sheā€™ll probably start eating all of the food once I get her fully acclimated and start taking out her seed diet anyways ;)

prunepuree

Aug 29, 2019
Illinois, US
So, I'm experimenting more with Lexaā€™s diet, and I need some more assistance.

Iā€™m planning to make a very large purchase for Lafeber bird foods, but I need help making some decisions.

The company sent me some samples, and while itā€™s usually takes my bird a while to even try a new food, she was willing to eat these immediately, and without questions.

However, Iā€™m not sure whether to get all of the foods that the company provided samples for, or to provide her with only her absolute favorite.

All of the foods are complete diet plans.

There are five different foods I would be purchasing from the brand, but the problem with those five foods is, she will eat the food, but she wonā€™t finish it.

However, with her favorite food, she will eat every. single. bite.

Iā€™m thinking, if I purchase her favorite, I would be saving money, since I discard the food after she has had her dinner (I feed her MASH for breakfast).

She eats all of her favorite, but not all of the five. So, I would be wasting more food if I buy all of the 5 foods.

I think Iā€™m being irrational or something but I just donā€™t want to waste food, you know?

What do you guys think I should do? Lexa would be happy either way ;)

I think you should use her favorite food for breakfast and dinner and save your money.

informenter-marker-1.png

Most Reactions