Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Questions and Answers

>

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2020, 07:54 AM
Parrots:
Green cheek conure
Tass is on a distinguished road
Conure screaming and lifting wings

Hello! I recently (2 weeks ago) got a conure named kiwi and everything is going well! I知 training her to step up and live outside the cage (she loves to be inside most of the time but i dont pressure her to go out). She eats from my hand and she seems like a very happy bird. My only concern is that sometimes she値l stand on her perch lift up her wings and start screaming. She does it once or twice a day for a little bit and then she値l go on like nothing happened. Please help since this is my first time owning a bird and i want to be sure she痴 okay! And another thing is she never naps completely or close her eyes completely. When she痴 close to falling asleep she値l wake up again.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:05 AM
Parrots:
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Thanked 1,064 Times in 393 Posts
T00tsyd is on a distinguished road
Re: Conure screaming and lifting wings

Quote: Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Hello! I recently (2 weeks ago) got a conure named kiwi and everything is going well! I知 training her to step up and live outside the cage (she loves to be inside most of the time but i dont pressure her to go out). She eats from my hand and she seems like a very happy bird. My only concern is that sometimes she値l stand on her perch lift up her wings and start screaming. She does it once or twice a day for a little bit and then she値l go on like nothing happened. Please help since this is my first time owning a bird and i want to be sure she痴 okay! And another thing is she never naps completely or close her eyes completely. When she痴 close to falling asleep she値l wake up again.
Do you know how old she is?
Old 01-31-2020, 09:08 AM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure CLARK (F) and a Regular Green Cheeked Conure ZOD (F)
Thanked 3,020 Times in 1,382 Posts
clark_conure is on a distinguished road

Conures love attention. They are the animal kingdom kings of attention getting behavior. They will shake they will wail they will hang upside down....

If you are strongly reacting to what kiwi is doing...Kiwi won the game!

I can't tell you for sure what kiwi wants, maybe it's to come out, to get a treat, maybe he/she just wants to watch you fuss a bit, that can be high entertainment for a bird!

+
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clark_conure For This Useful Post:
T00tsyd (01-31-2020), Tass (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 06:53 AM
Parrots:
Green cheek conure
Tass is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by clark_conure View Post
Conures love attention. They are the animal kingdom kings of attention getting behavior. They will shake they will wail they will hang upside down....

If you are strongly reacting to what kiwi is doing...Kiwi won the game!

I can't tell you for sure what kiwi wants, maybe it's to come out, to get a treat, maybe he/she just wants to watch you fuss a bit, that can be high entertainment for a bird!

+
Yes it might be her seeking attention because when i get closer to her she stops and walks over to me! Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Tass For This Useful Post:
clark_conure Supporting Member (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 09:08 AM
Parrots:
Umbrella Cockatoo- 11 years old
Thanked 7,564 Times in 3,035 Posts
noodles123 will become famous soon enough

My bird never naps during the day---Or I should say, never closes eyes completely. Birds can actually nap with their eyes open.
https://bangordailynews.com/2018/02/...-be-surprised/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Questions and Answers