They’re home!!!

Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
4 budgies, 1 cockatiel, 1 canary winged parakeet
What an eventful day! Picked up our new little loves, brought them to the vet, and one of them needs antibiotics. The blue one is perfectly healthy but the vet thinks the grey one is starting with a respiratory infection. Antibiotics dispensed, follow up Tuesday, for a quick listen, then again on Friday. In the mean time the blue one went straight in with Sunny so that the grey one can be kept in a separate room. This was the vet’s recommendation because we only have the 3 cages.

So far I’ve left the cage door open so Sunny or the blue one can get away if a disagreement happens, but they seem to be very happy on the same perch together.

The grey one does not like the medicine and I might have gotten more of it on her face than in her mouth. 1 drop is awfully hard to get into tiny little mouths. Not sure if it’s a she or he, but for some reason I keep thinking she.

a336d08533aaf8c982d9b3570941d56b.jpg
b93cd74e137ada5304bdd67ff1ed2d2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
top looks male I think, do you have a better picture of the blue ones cere?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
do you have a picture of them in natural light on a non orange background? sorry for being picky it's just really hard to tell in a lot of lighting

OP
I
Nov 12, 2019
New England
Parrots
4 budgies, 1 cockatiel, 1 canary winged parakeet
do you have a picture of them in natural light on a non orange background? sorry for being picky it's just really hard to tell in a lot of lighting

I wish I did, but no. The orange kills me every time I walk into the room...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions