Quaker Arriving USPS Today

OP
B

brettnelson232

Feb 14, 2020
Texas
Parrots
Brand new bird owner.
"Rufus" has arrived and training for both bird and human has commenced.
Is he/she there yet???????!!!!!

No. This is why you don’t use United States Post Office.
Govt funded Agencies couldn’t be trusted run water water downhill let alone deliver a package on time. Smh

Hoping I didn’t waste a day off of work. Sorry I don’t mean to rant.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ohhh so stressful!!! Come on little birdie arrive safe and soonest! Do you have a way to call and check on the baby?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Brett and your new quaker. Exciting times ahead!!

The first few weeks are a period of discovery, you'll need to assess whether your quaker was properly weaned and begin a nutritious diet. Excellent advice ahead, I'll post a few additional links of possible interest:
http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/49144-tips-bonding-building-trust.html
http://www.parrotforums.com/parrot-...7-converting-parrots-healthier-diet-tips.html

I hope your quaker has arrived safe and sound!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm biting my nails here!!!! Waiting for an update on the safe arrival of this precious young Quaker!!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I would hope the USPS would provide reassuring updates and tracking information.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm biting my nails here!!!! Waiting for an update on the safe arrival of this precious young Quaker!!!

We all are. Odd, no follow up.
I know!!
I'm hoping it's the excitement of having the new one home, keeping him busy....but we are invested in this new arrival. And worried since the bird didn't arrive on time!!!! I hate thinking this bird is sitting in a box scared!!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I really hope all is good! I just did some digging on these folks. The operation appears to be huge! They are responsive to complaints!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
This kind of delivery is fully trackable!
The rise of 'Amazon' has forced USPS to upgrade their tracking system.

If you are in the Great White North, it would not be uncommon for 'Birds' to be held at specific transfer points based on temperature on the tarmac...

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Looks like the bird has been received. There's a new thread started about an hour ago, "Rufus is home". Yay!!! Congratulations brettnelson232!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
B

brettnelson232

Feb 14, 2020
Texas
Parrots
Brand new bird owner.
Welcome Brett and your new quaker. Exciting times ahead!!

The first few weeks are a period of discovery, you'll need to assess whether your quaker was properly weaned and begin a nutritious diet. Excellent advice ahead, I'll post a few additional links of possible interest:
http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/49144-tips-bonding-building-trust.html
http://www.parrotforums.com/parrot-...7-converting-parrots-healthier-diet-tips.html

I hope your quaker has arrived safe and sound!

Thank you. Hopefully I don't bug the crap out of this forum with all my amateur questions. Trying to read through some posts so I don't post too many repeat questions.

OP
B

brettnelson232

Feb 14, 2020
Texas
Parrots
Brand new bird owner.
Looks like the bird has been received. There's a new thread started about an hour ago, "Rufus is home". Yay!!! Congratulations brettnelson232!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes sir. I think he is already warming up. He wants out of his cage for obvious reasons, but I don't feel comfortable I would be able to get him back in later. baby steps. Rufus already got first blood...but I didn't flinch, yell, or get angry as he latched on a couple seconds. I think he realizes that his bites don't phase my 44 year old working hands. He is eating his sunflower treat out of my hand now though. "baby steps" ha

Most Reactions