Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > ParrotForums.com > New Members Welcome

New Members Welcome Post here to introduce yourself! Tell us a bit about your bird(s), hobbies, setup, etc! Parrot Owners Introduction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2019, 09:47 PM
Parrots:
40 breeding cockatiels Usually 10-20 baby tiels
ThatBirdKid is on a distinguished road
Can conures be breed in a colony

Hello everyone,
I have been breeding tiels for a couple of years now and I have 2 large colonies but I am looking to extend my bird breeding. I have been trying to find an answer online but it is not very obvious. I live in Australia so for new birds, it is a bit more expensive and not many people breed them here especially in the area I live.
Also, how large would the aviary have to be for them to not fight each other as I have quite a bit of space for a new aviary but I don't want to buy a tiny aviary and them not have enough room.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatBirdKid For This Useful Post:
Ellie777Australia (08-28-2019), Laurasea Supporting Member (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Thanked 10,578 Times in 5,032 Posts
Flboy is on a distinguished road
Re: Can conures be breed in a colony

Hello and welcome! I have no answers to your questions, but I am bumping you back into the current activity!
Ellie777Australia (08-28-2019), Laurasea Supporting Member (08-28-2019), Tami2  (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Parrots:
Eclectus Female, Ellie; Eclectus Male, Bertie
Thanked 1,424 Times in 448 Posts
Ellie777Australia is on a distinguished road
Re: Can conures be breed in a colony

Quote: Originally Posted by ThatBirdKid View Post
Hello everyone,
I have been breeding tiels for a couple of years now and I have 2 large colonies but I am looking to extend my bird breeding. I have been trying to find an answer online but it is not very obvious. I live in Australia so for new birds, it is a bit more expensive and not many people breed them here especially in the area I live.
Also, how large would the aviary have to be for them to not fight each other as I have quite a bit of space for a new aviary but I don't want to buy a tiny aviary and them not have enough room.

Welcome to the forum. I no nothing about breeding parrots but if you request it, a Mod can move this post to the breeding/raising parrots section and you may attract the attention of a breeder???? All the best .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > ParrotForums.com > New Members Welcome

Tags
breeding conures, colony breeding, conures