Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Budgies/Parakeets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2019, 04:35 PM
BlooBloo is on a distinguished road
Budgie hates bedtime?

Hey folk!

I'm not the most active poster around here but I've found the forum very helpful in looking for bird advice. My two budgies (male and female) are pretty settled in and taking an interest in each other after some initial friction, but recently I've been noticing a headscratching trend in my hen.

At bedtime I cover their cage with a blanket as I've always done but when I do I hear her snapping at the **** and chasing him around. Tonight I experimented by lifting up the blanket for her to see and she immediately started snapping. Then I started dimming down the lights without it and this seemed to trigger a similar reaction. It makes me think she just is not happy about bedtime and ostensibly takes it out on the ****?

I'm not sure what to do about this, it's all very strange. They're perfectly compatible and sweet on each other except for some mild territorialism from the hen concerning her favourite toy during daytime. But when it's time for bed she's suddenly moody.

She's one weird bird.

Anyone experienced something similar?
Old 08-31-2019, 05:39 PM
Parrots:
Albino Cockatiel (Ghost) Green Cheek Conure (Echo) Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (Ari)
Talven is on a distinguished road
Re: Budgie hates bedtime?

From my limited experience with budgies hens can be quite grouchy. They tend to be the biters and the ones with the most unpleasant tempers. It could be hormone related with the change of season. With mine they are all constantly bickering over everything.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Budgies/Parakeets