I'm a New Potato

Potato

Sep 3, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Potato - In an Egg
Hi All

My name is Francine and I’m from Western Australia.

I’ve recently purchased a hand raised Pink and Grey Galah (Rose Breasted Cockatoo for the Non-Aussies).

20140815113432.jpg
(wild Galah)

He’s still in his egg right now and I wont get him until he’s been fully weaned.
I’m doing all the research I can and wanting to give him the best life possible.

Potato is his name (actually it’s Captain Potato Salad, but we’re going with Potato), my 10 year old son named him. We’re so in love already and he’s not even hatched yet.

I just thought I’d jump on here and introduce myself. I’ll be searching and stalking through the topics trying to expand my knowledge.

I’d love to get to know you and hear about your own feathered lovelies.
If you’ve got any best kept secrets or hints and tricks feel free to share them. I’m all too eager and willing to learn.

Thank you for having me.

Kindest of regards,
Francine

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome to you and Potato! Looking forward to hearing more about this adventure :). Lots of info here, and loads of people to answer questions.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome aboard, Francine, congratulations well in advance for Potato! Waiting until weaning is complete is your first best decision!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Welcome Francine and soon to be Potato! I think you'll find here that there are no best kept secrets. We do however have tons of helpful advice and support, all freely given. Enjoy, and never be afraid to ask questions. Also, when the time comes, we all love pictures :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Welcome Francine and future Potato, aka Captain 'Sweet'? or 'Brushed'? Potato Salad LOL. Welcome to your family as well. I bet your son is excited! Have fun searching the forum for info on toys, cages, diet, training, and behaviour etc. Look forward to pics when baby is hatched.

OP
P

Potato

Sep 3, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Potato - In an Egg
Thanks all. I appreciate the warm welcomes. We're so excited. We're in the Hurry up and Wait phase.

JuicyNip

Jul 22, 2019
Media
Albums
USA
Parrots
Black-Capped Conure
Welcome to the neighborhood! Love the name your ds picked out for your bird. He's going to be a great addition to what sounds like a fun, loving family. Lucky little fellow!

Most Reactions