Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > General Health Care

General Health Care Remember to use common sense and consult with an avian veterinarian.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Parrots:
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel)
Thanked 2,437 Times in 930 Posts
Owlet is on a distinguished road
bruise

Sponsored Links
So I noticed a nicely sized bruise on Apollo's lower beak earlier today, is there anything I should to help him heal? it doesn't seem to bother him. I don't know how or when it happened but since I'm just noticing it I would guess sometime in the last 24 hours. He's asleep right now since it's dark but I can take a picture in the morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Owlet For This Useful Post:
Scott  (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo / RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanked 31,052 Times in 11,416 Posts
Scott is on a distinguished road
Re: bruise

Hopefully the bruise will heal quickly, perhaps you'll notice a difference in the morning.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Parrots:
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Thanked 6,380 Times in 2,641 Posts
EllenD will become famous soon enough
Re: bruise

Unless it's also cracked or broken, then there isn't much you can do for bruises to their beaks...Now if you notice that she is having any trouble eating her food or using her beak to climb, play, pick things up, etc., then you probably want to take her to your CAV for a Metacam prescription, which will make her feel a lot better, as if a beak bruise is bad enough that it prevents them from using it, then it's quite painful and they need some medication. But if she isn't having any issues eating or using her beak, then it's just something that has to heal, and can take a month or two to totally go away.
Scott  (02-14-2019)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > General Health Care
Remove Ads