Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Congo & Timneh Greys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Parrots:
Enzo - adopted Female red factor CAG circa 2004.
bigfellasdad is on a distinguished road
So chilled little girl.

Sponsored Links
I've been working a lot recently, trying to save for a new large shed for the cycles and motorbikes and also an outdoor aviary, im working now as it happens (over time). Im giggling to my self as earlier I fell asleep on the couch, a non planned power nap! As soon as I awake I look up to Enzo's ceiling swing and she is sitting there, head under wing and a little eye looking over me. She realised im awake and flies straight down to me to say hello.
I dont think she moved or even made a sound during the 40 minutes or so I was asleep.

How chilled is she?, makes me smile she is so content.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigfellasdad For This Useful Post:
ChristaNL (02-13-2019), Jen5200 Supporting Member (02-12-2019), reeisconfused (02-14-2019), Scott  (02-16-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 08:44 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
1 YNA (Bingo) 1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.) 1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.) 2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) 1 Congo AG (Bella) 8 Cockatiels
Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,116 Posts
texsize is on a distinguished road
Re: So chilled little girl.

I have noticed that when I take a nap on the living room couch my birds tend to quiet down.
My 3 amazons and my CAG, the Cockatiels are in a different room and chatter away but not enough to disturbed me.
The reverse is also true. Talking on the phone (or other family members) gets them worked up and the louder I talk the louder the birds get.
I get lot's of comments from people I talk to over the phone (and using the speaker phone mode is a real riot.
Pinky (F lutino)
Sunny mother (cinnamon)
Cheeky father (whitface)
Angel (eldest lutino F)
Mango (middle pearl F)
Popeye (male grey M)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to texsize For This Useful Post:
bigfellasdad (02-13-2019), ChristaNL (02-13-2019), Scott  (02-16-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 05:58 AM
Parrots:
Enzo - adopted Female red factor CAG circa 2004.
bigfellasdad is on a distinguished road

Haha. Enzo is the same with the phone she says hello when I answer and says things like... hmm, yeah... Ok,yes during the call and when she gets bored she will say ok, bye and makes the sound of the call disconnecting. My work colleagues think it's hilarious. They ask me to train enzo to say f' off on demand so that when my manager talks enzo can insult him. Lol, I would never encourage potty mouth birds though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigfellasdad For This Useful Post:
ChristaNL (02-13-2019), Scott  (02-16-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 05:27 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-( And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Thanked 6,679 Times in 2,815 Posts
AmyMyBlueFront is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by bigfellasdad View Post
Haha. Enzo is the same with the phone she says hello when I answer and says things like... hmm, yeah... Ok,yes during the call and when she gets bored she will say ok, bye and makes the sound of the call disconnecting. My work colleagues think it's hilarious. They ask me to train enzo to say f' off on demand so that when my manager talks enzo can insult him. Lol, I would never encourage potty mouth birds though
Jonesy the 'too would say " You're FN me you're FN me!!" when I was on the phone And as Wes stated,the louder I talked the louder he said it! I was talking to the cable guy one day and Jonesy started in with his potty mouth. The guy said "Man your kid needs a bar of soap in his mouth!" He did not believe me when I told him it wasn't my kid,it was my parrot lol

Jim

And a Grey 'teil, BB...a.k.a. The Beebs
that was 18 weeks old 5/20/2016,

Rest in peace,my precious Smokey..4/2015 at 28 years young
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmyMyBlueFront For This Useful Post:
bigfellasdad (02-15-2019), Scott  (02-16-2019)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Congo & Timneh Greys
Remove Ads