Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Questions and Answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2018, 01:33 AM
YUMgrinder is on a distinguished road
Re: Overhumanizing parrot behavior

Sponsored Links
I love watching my birds and sometimes that's all I have to do to relax. I particularily think my newest pearl cockatiel, chessie, is exceptionally smart and today she was under the cage but I could see her eyes darting back anf forth looking up, she was trying to figure out how to get back up without flying. You'd think she would just go ahead and take flight but nope, she walked around with her hat up in different positions until she found a way to do it. I think a cockatiels crest is only one of many ways to see what they are thinking, their eyes tell their story too.

My male tiel will get on my shoulder when I get home from work (in the morning) and he is most happy in the mornings, wanting his morning scratches. I was taking him back to his cage and he doesn't ever want to get put in there so right before we get to the cage he starts singing on my shoulder and saying "baby bird" and "gimme kiss!" and was making kissing sounds. He knew I like it when he talks and I'm certain he did it to distract me from putting him in his cage lol

My nanday isn't so smart. She's a derp.
The Following User Says Thank You to YUMgrinder For This Useful Post:
ChristaNL (08-14-2018)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Questions and Answers

Tags
behavior, humanization
Remove Ads