Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Cockatiels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2020, 02:41 PM
Parrots:
1 cockatiel named pikachu^^ and a fish but its not a bird
birbsRcool is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Distress? Still acclimating? Is he okay?

https://voca.ro/coIlMOdp83t is a recording of the sound pikachu's making.

he was screaming at the window now is silent and eating maybe it was that i don't know hes done it before... its very loud, turn up your volume full if you want to hear what i heard...

UPDATE: silent now, idk what happened, maybe just hungry? That's the only sound he makes.

UPDATE 2: Screaming again... help, he keeps trying to fly out the window no matter how much i tap on it...!

Pikachu, a (cinnamon?) cockatiel! (owner of Haniyah the human)

Last edited by birbsRcool; 06-17-2020 at 02:59 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-17-2020, 06:29 PM
Parrots:
Albino Cockatiel (Ghost) Crimson Bellied Conure (Echo) Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure (Ari) Pied Kakariki(Inca and Maya) Galah(Opal)
Talven is on a distinguished road
Re: Distress? Still acclimating? Is he okay?

That is nothing to worry about at all. Just a general call out trying to see what kind of response he'll get.

As for trying to fly out the window, I think if I was a bird and could see the world outside I'd do the same thing. To try stopping him flying into it you might want to think of sticking something on it so he can see its a barrier.

From the call and the behaviour I would say excitement and curiosity are what is going on. Nothing to worry about except the flying into the window. Maybe hang some streamers or something similar so he realises that there is something there or those removable stained glass stickers you can get.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:42 PM
Parrots:
1 cockatiel named pikachu^^ and a fish but its not a bird
birbsRcool is on a distinguished road
Re: Distress? Still acclimating? Is he okay?

Quote: Originally Posted by Talven View Post
That is nothing to worry about at all. Just a general call out trying to see what kind of response he'll get.

As for trying to fly out the window, I think if I was a bird and could see the world outside I'd do the same thing. To try stopping him flying into it you might want to think of sticking something on it so he can see its a barrier.

From the call and the behaviour I would say excitement and curiosity are what is going on. Nothing to worry about except the flying into the window. Maybe hang some streamers or something similar so he realises that there is something there or those removable stained glass stickers you can get.
Alright^^

Pikachu, a (cinnamon?) cockatiel! (owner of Haniyah the human)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Cockatiels