Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > General Parrot Information

General Parrot Information Post here for general parrot related topics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2020, 05:11 PM
SunnyTheConure is on a distinguished road
Re: Food pieces in poop

Hes tame but I haven't been able to teach him to step up yet very cage territorial. Yes he eats i see the hulls at the bottom and drinks as well he sometimes eats the hull could this be causing the problem. Yes I gave him the AVC for about 4 days a while back I heard it's not good to keep giving them. I have now started giving probiotics and have been seeing less pieces although it's only been a few days so not sure how long they take to help. You have helped a lot I have learnt so much.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:11 PM

Because he doesnt step up I cant weigh him
Old 06-30-2020, 05:15 PM

I think I will give him probiotics one day and AVC the next for the next two weeks. Do I store AVC in the fridge I haven't been so far and he seems to be getting better.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:17 PM
Parrots:
Umbrella Cockatoo- 13 years old
Thanked 10,343 Times in 4,189 Posts
noodles123 will become famous soon enough

Don't give too much ACV-- I think you are right that you don't want to give it too often. Maybe research that some more...You CAN overdo it...
You shouldn't store it in the fridge-- it is fine at room temp. It's very acidic and doesn't need to be chilled- it's really hard for anything to grow in it other than its own beneficial bacteria/"mother".
I give my healthy bird daily probiotics, so those should be fine to continue as long as you don't see any additional issues and as long as they don't contain a bunch of added junk...again, this is all guess-work...but I know you can't do the vet right now, so...

You could try making a new post about ACV dosing for pet parrots and yeast. I know you aren't sure that is what he has, but I know other people on this forum have used it, and they might be able to suggest how often to give it.

Last edited by noodles123; 06-30-2020 at 05:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to noodles123 For This Useful Post:
SunnyTheConure (06-30-2020)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > General Parrot Information