New Member Me & My Green Cheeks

Blue07

Mar 15, 2019
Hi everyone!!

I'm a new member! I've a problem with my parrots so I started to search some tipe of good forum for confrontation, I found you and I'm very grateful!!

I've two funny and lovely green cheeks (pyrrhura), The male (J.) has 5 years old, and the female (A.) almost 3. I adopted both of them years ago.

In this period I've a management problem; during the night the male goes to the bottom of the cage.. spending his time walking and walking and making confetti with the newspaper (I use newspaper sheets at the bottom of the cage for parrots' poop)... The female suffers about this because she's very quiet and want to sleep...

Usually I put to bed both (sleep in the same cage) at 20.30 pm to 8 am, I cover all the cage with a black blanket and torn off the light.. But for example last night the male woke up at 2.00 am and went down to the bottom of the cage .. when i did a small noise he climbed and returned on his top perch and started to sleep again.... but, at the 5.00 am... he woke up again and did the same.... maybe is it the hormones' fault? I take care about good and equilibrate alimentation and I pay attention to a good temperature, and right time of sleep 10-12 h..

:green2::green2:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and your two GCCs!

Is this a continuous problem or do you observe seasonally? Seems like possible nesting behavior and may be hormonal. Does he have direct access to the paper or is there a grate installed? Possibly modifying the cage will ensure he cannot shred the paper.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm glad you joined, and I'm glad you're already getting great advice and support!
Welcome!

9lhIlM0.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts