Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Snuggly nap time!
9ed383c010b89976796008ee0ee1d7f1.jpg
09e8764fc8cd99e12115a1ad851a9cba.jpg
Oh break my heart!!!!!! She has found love at last, just wow. Thank you thank you for saving her, for being open to two new loves.
Wow

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I just can't get over the love and happiness in those picture! My This Must Be Love title is relinquished to you and Baxter!!! I hope you inspire many more rescues and more people will reconsider rehomed older parrots can be loved and bond to their new people!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Snuggly nap time!
9ed383c010b89976796008ee0ee1d7f1.jpg
09e8764fc8cd99e12115a1ad851a9cba.jpg

OMG I just died from Cuteness Overload. Someone please come rescue poor, parrontless Bumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Wow! In a yo dude reference, the three of you really look awesome! Remember, Tucker must be number one! And even though we need to reassure Baxter, she still needs to earn her way in to the flock!
You have taken the step that I am so afraid to do!

Side note, compliments to the photographer! Excellent! Those photos are keepers!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Wow! In a yo dude reference, the three of you really look awesome! Remember, Tucker must be number one! And even though we need to reassure Baxter, she still needs to earn her way in to the flock!

You have taken the step that I am so afraid to do!

Side note, compliments to the photographer! Excellent! Those photos are keepers!
Thank you for the compliment! I took these all myself. Cell phone selfie style.

Yes, I'm making sure Tucker comes first so he doesn't feel threatened or pushed aside with Baxter's arrival. That was one of my biggest worries. It works out pretty well. Tucker is active more during the day, and Baxter seems to "wake up" in the evening. I've been trading off with them all day, and reassuring Tucker that he's not being replaced. He's still Daddy's boy.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Okay, Baxter's first good soaking. She wasn't keen on the shower perch, and I was running late for work, so spray bottle had to suffice. I was told that she does the "Amazon Prayer" when she bathes, which I have never seen before. I'll be darned... She does. Wings spread and held in front, tips together, head tucked under. Cutest thing I've seen in a long time. Couldn't get a picture since I had Baxter on one hand, and spray bottle in the other. Hopefully she will accept the shower perch eventually and I can get pictures.

For now, here's my soggy chicken :)
da74648d4f828cb6dc03a7947c0831c2.jpg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Mmmm, the aroma of a wet Amazon!!
Hahahaha, I believe the word is "bouquet," and it's a beautiful thing. Almost as beautiful as wet Ekkie bouquet lol!

Last edited:

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
SOOOOO much cuteness!!!! Thanks for sharing your stories and pics. It's so nice to see such sweetness!!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
yeyeye! Baxter is home, such a cutie and for a bird that despised men and only liked certain women I think it's safe to say she's head over tail in love with you!

Just gotta keep in Tucker's good graces now! the green bean is always watching

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
yeyeye! Baxter is home, such a cutie and for a bird that despised men and only liked certain women I think it's safe to say she's head over tail in love with you!

Just gotta keep in Tucker's good graces now! the green bean is always watching
Thank you sir! And yes, Tucker watches everything. I'm trying to make sure we continue to follow his routines, and that he still feels as special as I know he is. Last night was tricky. Family turned down the living room lights early to get the grandkids to sleep. That put Tucker in bed time mode, and Baxter wanted attention. I tried to get Tucker to come out, but he didn't, and sat watching me with Baxter. I hope there's not too much jealousy in the air.

This morning we had some uninterrupted Tucker-Daddy time. Yay. Now it's time for Baxter breakfast :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Yaaayyyy for Baxter!!! The pictures say everything! At Amys heaviest he was 548 down to 517..Baxter is a big girl for sure :D

Jim

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
My little girl now lets me pet and scritch all around, so I got a pretty good inspection finally. She's not fat at all as far as I can feel. Yay! I was concerned, since the fluffy routine looks kind of like a girl wearing a huge bulky sweater so you can't tell. I'm no vet and don't claim to know anything for sure, but she looks great to me. Definitely looks less like a piglet when she slicks her feathers down. Bath time really helped in that department. She's just a huge, beautiful baby!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Just curious here, Mr Sax...are you going to bring Miss Baxter in to your usual vet for a wellness check-up? Do you know about her age? Wow you really hit it out of the park with her! Just by what you post and the photo's it looks like you have known each other for years! 'Zon's are a tricky bunch! Even though Amy has known Uncle David all his life (obviously not quite up and personal like me :D) Amy is still leery of him,but IS warming up. He now allows David to give head skritches,and will accept nutraberries from David's fingers,but still at times those eyeball's will flash and he'll get all poofy!

Again,I am sooo happy for you and your clan that everything has gone as well as it has. Congratulations!

Jim

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Just curious here, Mr Sax...are you going to bring Miss Baxter in to your usual vet for a wellness check-up? Do you know about her age? Wow you really hit it out of the park with her! Just by what you post and the photo's it looks like you have known each other for years! 'Zon's are a tricky bunch! Even though Amy has known Uncle David all his life (obviously not quite up and personal like me :D) Amy is still leery of him,but IS warming up. He now allows David to give head skritches,and will accept nutraberries from David's fingers,but still at times those eyeball's will flash and he'll get all poofy!

Again,I am sooo happy for you and your clan that everything has gone as well as it has. Congratulations!

Jim
Yes, I will definitely be bringing her in for a wellness check. My regular vet is one that the refuge uses, and he has seen her there, but I don't know how long ago that was.

She actually came with her sales receipt from the original owner, complete with hatch date! So, she just turned 17 on March 1st.

As picky as Amazons can be, she is unbelievably comfortable with me. Still a little timid with stepping up, as is typical, fine on HER terms. If not, she's polite and just turns and walks away. I don't force it, since I don't really know her boundaries yet. She's gone as far as taking my finger in her beak, but almost no pressure. Last night, we had some great snuggle time. Soooooo sweet! It blows my mind that she didn't find a home for so long. She's a keeper!

Now that I'm finally used to Ekkie behavior, having Baxter is so different. She's kind of like an Ekkie in slow motion, except she demands head scratches all the time lol!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Really important time period for both of your Parrots. Even more so with Tucker, to a point that you may want to keep a written listing of time spent with each. Great Human minds are no match for a Parrot keeping track.

The why on Baxter is one of those questions that you will never likely find an answer. The Good News is: This is Working Out Very Well!

Regarding Step-Up with an Amazon. Far too many Amazon people forget to begin indicating to their Amazon far enough away that they will be asking for a Step-Up! A long life with Amazons have taught me that communication with Amazons start as far back as possible. First getting their attention and why you are coming their way and what your plans are as you begin the process of asking them to Step-Up! At first, work at repeating this process as closely as possible. Set the Pattern in place. We are five years working with Julio! Still work the process each time! When the foot comes up, they are ready!!!

Your doing great! Keep it up!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Really important time period for both of your Parrots. Even more so with Tucker, to a point that you may want to keep a written listing of time spent with each. Great Human minds are no match for a Parrot keeping track.

The why on Baxter is one of those questions that you will never likely find an answer. The Good News is: This is Working Out Very Well!

Regarding Step-Up with an Amazon. Far too many Amazon people forget to begin indicating to their Amazon far enough away that they will be asking for a Step-Up! A long life with Amazons have taught me that communication with Amazons start as far back as possible. First getting their attention and why you are coming their way and what your plans are as you begin the process of asking them to Step-Up! At first, work at repeating this process as closely as possible. Set the Pattern in place. We are five years working with Julio! Still work the process each time! When the foot comes up, they are ready!!!

Your doing great! Keep it up!
Great ideas and info. Much appreciated as always. Thank you!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Last night, we had some great snuggle time. Soooooo sweet! It blows my mind that she didn't find a home for so long

She's been waiting for you, obviously. :)

Most Reactions