Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Tami, Absolutely amazing !!!
Wonderful video :) You are very lucky to have them nearby.

Kelly has always wanted to capture an owl on the camera but so far, the opportunity has not surfaced.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Thank you :) Coming from you that means a lot. I only tried video last weekend when we spotted the owlets in the nest box. I figured if I'm going to learn now is the best time .. haha :D

I get it, believe me. I am a total Bird Nerd and LOVE the raptors especially Owls. I hope she gets lucky and manages to capture some Owl images. Fingers crossed.

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Momma Barred Owl in the setting sun. Her babies are well camouflaged in the white pine.
I couldn't spot them all day until it was almost dark & raining. I'm hoping to see them today, fingers crossed. :)

tami2-albums-misc-picture21362-momma-barred-owl-setting-sun-her-babies-well-camouflaged-white-pine.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a fantastic picture of Mama Owl! I hope you can get some of the babies again today, please keep 'em coming!

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
What a fantastic picture of Mama Owl! I hope you can get some of the babies again today, please keep 'em coming!

Thank you, lighting was perfect in the setting sun.
Me too Terry. They are still in the same Pine tree, but so well hidden. I get it in hiding from hawks etc... I saw one of the parents flying in this morning with a rodent. Fingers Crossed.

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Some more Owl love ...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdAnrtN-VR8"]Barred Owls Momma & Babe - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
So gorgeous....thank you for sharing! I love listening to the owls on our property, but am very rarely treated to even a glimpse of them.

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
So gorgeous....thank you for sharing! I love listening to the owls on our property, but am very rarely treated to even a glimpse of them.

Thank you Jen :)
Yes, I have that same problem with the Great Horned Owls. I hear them all the time, but never see them. I only ever see the screech & barred owls.

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

They are so cute! I wonder if the mom was just playing with that stick so that her kid would get distracted by it and allow he to preen his/her head LOL! Just like a person--"watch TV while I comb your tangled hair."

That's funny, you are anthropomorphizing the owls behavior. :)
Believe me I did that a lot when I first got Levi.

Actually, Mom's wings were getting caught up in those little branches when she first flew over to the owlet. I had to trim the video to post it to my Instagram or you would have seen that. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts