My heart was stolen twice today

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
First, this GORGEOUS green cheek came in for grooming. I have no idea what color to even call it. the owner called her a turquoise but I feel it was something more. She had the turquoise color but she also had splotches of green. He chest feathers were nearly white too in most areas. she had pale patches of red and yellow though. (pictures taken with owners permission)

20181110_151308.jpg

20181110_151254.jpg

And then I decided to go hang out with some of the baby cockatiels we are currently hand feeding (well, the managers are. Even if they trained me, I don't know if I would be comfortable doing it) and I was looking at the oldest clutch and it was love at first sight. I'm really hoping I can convince my parents to let me get a 2nd bird. They just don't think I'm responsible enough which confuses me to no end. I have the money. I have the knowledge. I have the space, time, patients, and really the responsibility for it. Anyways; here's the bird. No idea on gender and not entirely sure how old she is exactly. I'll have to ask my manager. How long does it take for cockatiels to ween generally?

20181110_140132.jpg
20181110_140015.jpg

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Cute all around! That GCC is a turqouise green cheeks. One of the more straightforward of mutations to identify (black head, blue wings).

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Definitely a turquoise of SOME kind but I have never seen one with these colorings

IndySE

May 5, 2016
Southern California
Parrots
Kermit, ♀ GCC (Green Demon)
Pretty babies !!

Actually, I'm wondering if that green cheek is a yellowsided turquoise? The red on his head is unusual, even if he's still in baby plumage. Either way, super cute birds !

edit;; also love the green cheek's clearly unamused expression about all his pin feathers, haha.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
after googling yellow sided turquoise, yeah probably. The red is definitely weird and it still seems like the belly is a lot more white than all the pictures I'm seeing.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
My Paris looks exactly like that. EXACTLY but she has better eye shadow and lipstick and a pink chest. She is a yellow sided turquoise GCC.

yrOZEu9.jpg

J1Gx8vS.jpg

FLOFZPb.jpg

IJePYio.jpg

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
First, this GORGEOUS green cheek came in for grooming. I have no idea what color to even call it. the owner called her a turquoise but I feel it was something more. She had the turquoise color but she also had splotches of green. He chest feathers were nearly white too in most areas. she had pale patches of red and yellow though. (pictures taken with owners permission)

20181110_151308.jpg

20181110_151254.jpg

And then I decided to go hang out with some of the baby cockatiels we are currently hand feeding (well, the managers are. Even if they trained me, I don't know if I would be comfortable doing it) and I was looking at the oldest clutch and it was love at first sight. I'm really hoping I can convince my parents to let me get a 2nd bird. They just don't think I'm responsible enough which confuses me to no end. I have the money. I have the knowledge. I have the space, time, patients, and really the responsibility for it. Anyways; here's the bird. No idea on gender and not entirely sure how old she is exactly. I'll have to ask my manager. How long does it take for cockatiels to ween generally?

20181110_140132.jpg
20181110_140015.jpg

Oh that cockatiel is gorgeous!!!! I could see you taking that one home!! You could tell your parents that ChristaNL said it's illeagal to only have one parrot in her country¡! The GCC dies look like a yellow sided turquoise of some type. As the mutations are becoming more abundant they seem to not fit exactly into niches.
Paris is gorgeous SunnyClover!

Most Reactions

Latest posts