LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2020, 03:32 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
DYH Amazon
Thanked 28,535 Times in 9,693 Posts
SailBoat will become famous soon enough
Re: Our Big Adventure

Check your car for either auto-off or switch-off passenger side front seat air bag shut-off. Bumble in the seat next to you is just safer as it is a quick side check as apposed to looking in the back to assure that all is well. Also, the three point safety belt will work easier.

Pack the U-Box to the top, even if you need a second U-box as a near empty car is much safer and less obvious when traveling. Day stuff in the backseat and overnight stuff and extra travel related stuff in the trunk.

Sorry, old guy stuff. Full maintenance update on the Car. Unless you have newer tires, replace with new, including valves, balance and wheel aliment, oil change with new oil and air filters. and spark plugs. If you have more than 60,000 on the car, consider a trans oil and filter change. Why, cause you will be more comfortable with your car and it will run much better. Don't look for the cheapest deal, look for the highest quality as you will be betting your life on everything working the full distance of the trip. Most people will tell you its a waste of money, which is true right up to you spending three to four days in the middle of nowhere waiting for completion of failure along the way.
Stay-out of Chicago!

Enjoy the trip!

In each Morning's early light; there is a promise, an Amazon makes!

Last edited by SailBoat; 05-17-2020 at 03:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SailBoat For This Useful Post:
Scott  (05-18-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 05:10 PM
Parrots:
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,048 Posts
Inger is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by GaleriaGila View Post
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...
Everything may change, except for your membership in the Community here.
There's only one PF.
And there's only one Inger and one Bumble.
THANK YOU for letting us know what's going on.
Good luck.
We are with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the beauty of our PF family is that youíre always ďright hereĒ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inger For This Useful Post:
SailBoat Supporting Member (05-17-2020), Scott  (05-18-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 05:14 PM
Parrots:
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,048 Posts
Inger is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by SailBoat View Post
Check your car for either auto-off or switch-off passenger side front seat air bag shut-off. Bumble in the seat next to you is just safer as it is a quick side check as apposed to looking in the back to assure that all is well. Also, the three point safety belt will work easier.

Pack the U-Box to the top, even if you need a second U-box as a near empty car is much safer and less obvious when traveling. Day stuff in the backseat and overnight stuff and extra travel related stuff in the trunk.

Sorry, old guy stuff. Full maintenance update on the Car. Unless you have newer tires, replace with new, including valves, balance and wheel aliment, oil change with new oil and air filters. and spark plugs. If you have more than 60,000 on the car, consider a trans oil and filter change. Why, cause you will be more comfortable with your car and it will run much better. Don't look for the cheapest deal, look for the highest quality as you will be betting your life on everything working the full distance of the trip. Most people will tell you its a waste of money, which is true right up to you spending three to four days in the middle of nowhere waiting for completion of failure along the way.
Stay-out of Chicago!

Enjoy the trip!

Awwww, thanks for the ďDad lecture.Ē I just had a full 90k service done last week and tires are fairly new. Iím hiring guys to pack the uboxes, and Iím getting two; they should know how to fill them up good. Since Iím moving in to my sisterís place initially,I will only have clothes, some craft supplies and Bum and her necessities in the car.

I do need to look into airbag shutoff though-youíre right that it will be much easier to have her up front.

Again, thank you for a message that shows your care and concern for us.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inger For This Useful Post:
SailBoat Supporting Member (05-17-2020), Scott  (05-18-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 07:23 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
DYH Amazon
Thanked 28,535 Times in 9,693 Posts
SailBoat will become famous soon enough

Quote: Originally Posted by Inger View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by SailBoat View Post

Stay-out of Chicago!

Enjoy the trip!

Awwww, thanks for the ďDad lecture.Ē I just had a full 90k service done last week and tires are fairly new. Iím hiring guys to pack the uboxes, and Iím getting two; they should know how to fill them up good. Since Iím moving in to my sisterís place initially,I will only have clothes, some craft supplies and Bum and her necessities in the car.

I do need to look into airbag shutoff though-youíre right that it will be much easier to have her up front.

Again, thank you for a message that shows your care and concern for us.

Yup, once a Dad, always a Dad... And yes, yes I do.

In each Morning's early light; there is a promise, an Amazon makes!
The Following User Says Thank You to SailBoat For This Useful Post:
Scott  (05-18-2020)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Off Topic