in what site can i get good quality but also on the cheaper side cages ?

kiwitiel

Jul 1, 2019
Latvia
Parrots
Mochi - Lutino cockatiel
hi! I'm getting my first cockatiel soon so i would like to find a good cage for him/her. So my question is as said in the title, is there a site that has good quality and decently priced cages, that can also ship internationally? My budget max is 200 euro or a little bit over. I'm looking specifically for the HQ wrought iron flight cage, since i have seen many people use that cage for their cockatiels and i have seen good reviews about it. But i can really go with any cage that is good enough. I cannot use amazon since no cage at all ships to my country (Latvia). All sites that i found are nicely priced and with good quality and nice reviews olny ship to the lower 48 US states.
Thank you for reading, and i hope you could ansver:)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
We use exclusively: BirdCages4Less.com
They sell only cages and perches, plus support items for them. Never gotten a shipment missing stuff, ect... Fair prices and great quality. Watch for sales and free shipping offers.

Not sure what countries they have shipping agreements with.

Last edited:
OP
K

kiwitiel

Jul 1, 2019
Latvia
Parrots
Mochi - Lutino cockatiel
We use exclusively: BirdCages4Less.com
They sell only cages and perches, plus support items for them. Never gotten a shipment missing stuff, ect... Fair prices and great quality. Watch for sales and free shipping offers.

Not sure what countries they have shipping agreements with.

thanks for responding! i asked them on facebook and they sadly olny ship to the US and Canada :(

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Donโ€™t think we have anyone else from Latvia on the forum. Itโ€™s great to have so many bird owners from so many different countries! I would imagine any US site is not going to work out. Bird cages are heavy, bulky and it would cost too much to ship overseas from here. You need to look at sites based in the EU. What brands are sold in Europe may also differ from whatโ€™s available in the US.

You could try aliexpress *if* youโ€™re super careful about deals that seem โ€œtoo good to be trueโ€ and get a cage that has plenty of reviews and price seems realistic. Iโ€™m pretty sure most of their legitimate sellers ship worldwide. I had success ordering a large stainless perch/swing from aliexpress a few years back since no such product was being sold in the US at the time. Of course, I looked past the $5 listings for a setup that I knew couldnโ€™t possibly be that price and chose a mid range $40 listing with good reviews and got what I ordered. Just use common sense:)

Last edited:

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Yep, considering you're in Latvia and likely don't read Chinese, AliExpress is your best bet.

You must, must, must read the reviews. Make sure the product and the seller are both good.

I know culturally Americans are hesitant about China made stuff (my dad is just beginning to change his mind). In some cases, it makes sense to be suspicuous. But if you find the right seller, you're likely buying from the manufacturer directly, cutting out the middleman.

It's how we bought Cairo's cage (TaoBao, though, but it's all in Chinese). What normally costs about 800-1200+ USD, we got for about 600 USD inclusive of shipping (if I'm doing the conversion correctly). It's the exact same one, even comes with the same checklist, the same advert, etc.

munami

Apr 13, 2019
Ottawa, ON
Parrots
Luna // F // Whiteface Pearl Cockatiel
I've seen a few UK people recommend NorthernParrots but I'm unsure of how good they actually are. It's worth taking a look.

Most Reactions

Latest posts