Newly rescued blue fronted Amazon, but still bites

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I am just worried about both birds. The just swapped because I wanted an Amazon does sound harsh to me. Plus I worry that the Amazon isn't going to be there long either, because when they have children and there is the risk of a child being bitten I'm sure the wife will have strong reasons to re-home. As far as the culture thing I'm looking on Craigslist right now st a quaker near Orlando that is stuck in a garage surrounded on three sides by walls of junk in a filthy cage, and the poster says wife says the bird has to go! And that's here in America!!! I want to save it but I really have no more room money or time....so.if anyone wants a quaker look under quaker title wife says it has to go! It's been on there s month...plunty of uninformed or lackadaisical people playing with these increadably smart and feeling parrots in every country!

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
This thread is making me supremely unhappy and sad. Please don't get or keep a parrot if not everyone in the household is on board. It makes for a very tense and stressful time because having an Amazon parrot is like having a child and if everyone in the house doesn't want a child it's not going to work out.

LoriS53

Aug 19, 2018
Media
Utah
Parrots
1 Sun Conure: Sunnie
1 Green Cheek: Sweet Cheeks
2 Pineapple Green Cheek Conures: Patches & Petrie
2 Peach faced love birds: Priscilla & Elvis
15 parakeets
2 Amazon Yellow Nape Parrots: Max & Ha
I have 2 Yellow Nape Amazon, Max and Hannah. Hannah had her nest raided by her previous owner and there were some other issues she still loved her other owner I think. We have had a a bit of time now and she still lunges and bites. I read to her, I can spoon feed her and she will let me take her out of the shower on my bare arm without blood. Someone in here wrote a beautiful poem about a bird unpacking their baggage. If you can find it read it. Parrots have all the emotions we do as humans except without a filter. Don't expect a quick fix. It will take months if not years. I feel bad for your African Grey. Would you trade in a child when you got tired of it? A parrot is no different. Shame on you.

Most Reactions