Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Budgies/Parakeets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Parrots:
Bow, Arrow, Peter And Piper! - All Budgies
SugarFeather is on a distinguished road
Talking Best Way To Fill Up A Budgie Cage?

Sponsored Links
Hello Again Users Of ParrotFourms! I Have Yet Another Question To Ask.

Just Today I Have Upgraded My Non Free-Roam Budgie Pair Into A New Custom Cage About The Size Of An Small Walk-In Closet! Problem Is, I Have No Idea What Toys Or Such To Place Inside It! These Two Budgies Are Relatively New And Therefore I'm Not Aware Of Their Personal Choices In Toys And Am In Need Of Ideas That May Apply To Them In A General Sense. The Cage They Were In Filled Out With Toys Easily Due To Its Size But This One Just Makes Everything Look Unorganized! Advice, Makeable Toy Ideas, Toy Links (Preferably Amazon Or Ebay) Or Pictures Of Your Cages Would Be Greatly Appreciated! Thanks! :D
The Following User Says Thank You to SugarFeather For This Useful Post:
Laurasea (09-15-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 08:07 PM
Parrots:
Ta-dah (Turquoise cinnamon almost MINT) green cheek conure, Neptune blue quaker, Penny rescue green quaker, Cloudy and Clear blue n pied parakeets
Thanked 1,048 Times in 474 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road
Re: Best Way To Fill Up A Budgie Cage?

diy I got plastic embroidery hoops st craft store, for a dollar and makes two fun hoops swing that mine love! I attached them to the roof of cage with a bit of fishing line. I plan in getting more as they seem to love jumping between hoops.
SugarFeather (09-15-2018), TiredOldMan (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 08:38 AM
Parrots:
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Thanked 3,322 Times in 1,494 Posts
EllenD is on a distinguished road

The nice thing about Budgies is that they absolutely LOVE the plastic bird toys that are extremely cheap at the pet store. The plastic hanging rings, hanging balls, ladders, anything with a bell or a mirror on it, etc. The toys that cost between $1-$5 at the pet shops are the ones that they love. And they also love swings! And then of course you can buy/make any other toys that are made out of wood, natural rope/twine, paper/cardboard, etc. for them to chew on and shred...but they typically do really well with the plastic toys that have bells, mirrors, and beads on them.
TiredOldMan (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Parrots:
Ducky - Lutino Cockatiel, Kermit - Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure, Bluebell & Pearl - Budgies
FlyBirdiesFly is on a distinguished road

Ellen got it right, budgies really love the cheap plastic toys. Pearl’s cage is covered in them, she loves to bop them with her beak and tug on the little hanging plastic charms and stare intently at the bells while talking to them... lol! Pearl also loves swings, she has a rope boing and a hanging rope triangle, both of which she uses often. Bluebell, on the other hand, is a little picky about her toys, but the one thing she absolutely LOVES are those bird kabobs made of soft yucca. She just spends hours climbing all over them, shredding them into dust and ripping them apart. She goes through those things like crazy! After a mere 2 days I can guarantee you there will be nothing but the string left. Bluebell also likes to go on the bottom of her cage to throw around those little plastic balls with bells inside them, and she uses her ladder get back up to her perch, even though she’s fully flighted. Bluebell also spends a lot of time on her rope boing.

I suggest you try many different types of toys and see what your budgies like best, as every bird is different. Plastic toys with bells and beads of course, but also paper shredder toys, bird kabobs, ladders, plastic chains, mirrors, and different types of swings.

Greetings from the flock!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Budgies/Parakeets
Remove Ads