We moved to a smaller place, need slightly smaller gcc cage

Akuma223

Jan 27, 2013
North Florida
Parrots
1 white and grey parakeet, and a pinapple GCC as of 7/27/2018
Hello all, we had to move again this time into a smaller place. I was wondering if anyone had reccomendations for a slightly smaller gcc cage. The one I have is a suncoo large bird cage that is approximately 22x24x36, its on wheels and has a playtop. Any cage I get I'd like to have wheels and a flat top. Obviously I don't want anything much smaller, but space is limited for now.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Honestly, the cage you have him in now is even a bit too small for a Green Cheek, so you can't go any smaller...

The problem is the the stand that the cage is on, that's what's making it so large, and that's typically the problem with cages like this, the entire set-up is large including the stand, the wheels, etc., but the cage area itself isn't large at all...

You can't put a Green Cheek in a smaller size of cage, but what you can do is switch from a cage on a stand with wheels to a table-top cage that you can place on an existing piece of furniture that you have. That way the footprint of the cage is smaller, while the cage area itself stays the same...Either way, any smaller of a cage area is not fair or human for a Green Cheek, who need tons of space to climb, jump, play, etc.

tibbi64

Oct 14, 2018
I just got this one.
c58483a9f13ddc9036d27ddeaf755855.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts