Excited birb mom

Melscamp

Oct 31, 2019
NY
Parrots
Hunny Bunny Munny Sunny & Roger the parakeets
Hunny Sunny Munny Bunny and Roger are adjusting well to their new room. I gave them my extra bedroom and set everything up for the to be free in there. My friend had said I shouldn't let them out before hand taming them, but I couldn't do that to them. They love flying around!
They are about a year old, and were neglected previously. They have strength in their flock and were/are totally scared of me. Having each other helped them overcome all of these changes.
They didn't even know of the glorious millet when I got them. I gave it to them everyday at first, figuring it would lift their spirits. Now I'm using it as a training tool to become friendly with me.
My confident Munny boy and chubby Bunny were the only ones who would eat it while I was holding it. Yesterday, for the love of millet, they all ate it!!! Granted, my arm is stretched out and I'm holding it on their cage, but it's a big victory for us. Today, Munny actually touched my hand!!! He pecked at it a bit and gave it the side eye.
I know taming 5 neglected 1 year old budgies would be a challenge and am so excited this only took 2 months.

Follow our progress on Twitter at melscamp

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Congratulations!
Keep working on developing a relationship with them.
Please understand that a Parrot has no natural reason to Trust Humans!
One of the methods is to assure that only good things happen when Humans are around.

Enjoy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts