Seeking knowledge!

carlomcasama

Jan 13, 2020
Hi friends, I have a beautiful little budgie named Skye who I have had for about a year now. She loves to fly and is a little bundle of energy. She has periods of calmness and doing laps around my room. Whenever she gets in a happy mood, she begins to chirp nonstop and fly the loops. Whenever I am finished with my homework and reach to perch her on my finger, she flies away from my finger several times. She does trust me as we do have a strong bond and I'm mainly the only family member that gives her attention. She loves to give me kisses while I'm working on papers and runs around on my hand. simultaneously. (Additional information: She loves to beg for my water and snacks that I bring close to her. I've introduced her to shower with me which she looks forward to whenever I turn the water on.)

My question is; Are there any recommendations or advice for her to stop flying away from my finger? She has never gotten her wings clipped other than we bought her last year. Anything is appreciated, thank you!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hello and welcome! You have an amazing friendship with Sky!!!!! Well done!!

You can set up a play area for her to hang out near you. And you can work on recall training in the house. That's were you teach her to fly to you. Budgies are active and like to fly a lot. Hopefully you can teach her to fly do some loops and come back to you.
But you have been do amazing so far!

OP
C

carlomcasama

Jan 13, 2020
OP
C

carlomcasama

Jan 13, 2020
Thank you! I actually already have a playpen for her, but she doesn't like it that much. I have millet & some toys for her there, but she prefers to be on my monitor & TV. Whenever I try and move her to her area she flies back to the monitor/away from my hand. I have tried to teach her a couple of things, but she doesn't pay attention very well. She will for a couple of minutes, then resume flying away from my hand. Thank you for replying!
Hello and welcome! You have an amazing friendship with Sky!!!!! Well done!!

You can set up a play area for her to hang out near you. And you can work on recall training in the house. That's were you teach her to fly to you. Budgies are active and like to fly a lot. Hopefully you can teach her to fly do some loops and come back to you.
But you have been do amazing so far!

Most Reactions

Latest posts