Parrots:
DYH Amazon
Thanked 26,137 Times in 8,861 Posts
SailBoat will become famous soon enough
Re: ET phone home..

Quote: Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurasea View Post
I'm convinced our understanding of space and time is simplistic, don't think it is limited to 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minute per hour moving forward at constant rate. Nor do we live in a huge universe with X number of stars/galaxies. Einstein predicts space/time change approaching the speed of light. I believe there are multiverses (dimensions) and perhaps methods of crossing between "realms."
I read a very interesting book, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it!
It was an interview with an alien, but if you Google that a book comes up that is not the book. It was a very mind blowing book. It was about space ,time, the layers of dimensions, multiverse, and the inability of the human mind to grasp that. It really made you think. ... It might have been " The Many Lives of Tao" but I'm not sure. It's not free on my Kindle so I can't tell...

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.
Is it this, Laura? https://archive.org/stream/1947Roswe...Elroy_djvu.txt

I took a few minutes to get a feel for the writing, reading the first several pages of what felt like a military document I had read during my military service. Then a bit of the introduction, followed by several sample readings followed by segments 58 - 64.

The writer clearly came from a military background. What was provided in the small samples that I read had the the favor of a 'report,' which would be customary in such a military document.

If you are a true believer, I would recommend the reading. For myself, I'm left wanting to read it, but attempting to define the when to undertake this massive document.

An individual who by definition is well read /traveled and enjoys the play of both history and a different Vantage Point will likely enjoy this document.

In each Morning's early light; there is a promise, an Amazon makes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailBoat For This Useful Post:
Laurasea Supporting Member (01-13-2020), Scott  (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 11:18 AM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Pikachu (U) lutino quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years p
Thanked 10,632 Times in 3,787 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road

I'm convinced our understanding of space and time is simplistic, don't think it is limited to 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minute per hour moving forward at constant rate. Nor do we live in a huge universe with X number of stars/galaxies. Einstein predicts space/time change approaching the speed of light. I believe there are multiverses (dimensions) and perhaps methods of crossing between "realms."
I read a very interesting book, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it!
It was an interview with an alien, but if you Google that a book comes up that is not the book. It was a very mind blowing book. It was about space ,time, the layers of dimensions, multiverse, and the inability of the human mind to grasp that. It really made you think. ... It might have been " The Many Lives of Tao" but I'm not sure. It's not free on my Kindle so I can't tell...

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.
Is it this, Laura? https://archive.org/stream/1947Roswe...Elroy_djvu.txt
I couldn't get to any parts that I recognizing. And The Lives of Tao wasn't it either.
The book I read was really extraordinarily, and it frustrating to not be able to find it! It's almost like it's been pulled from the public domain!!!!!
SailBoat Supporting Member (01-13-2020), Scott  (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 11:48 AM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
DYH Amazon

As a follow-up to the above, I had elected to print the 434 page document so that I could set my own comments along the way. While print, it became bluntly obvious that the writing and documenting was a major undertaking, beyond that of the majority of Historians.

Sorry that it was not what you had originally read. But, you may find this one of interest.

Last edited by SailBoat; 01-13-2020 at 11:52 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SailBoat For This Useful Post:
AmyMyBlueFront  (01-13-2020), Laurasea Supporting Member (01-13-2020), Scott  (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 12:52 PM
Parrots:
a budgie, and 2 cockatiels.
ParrotLover2001 is on a distinguished road

Back in 2012, I woke up during the night and saw a light outside my window.
It was slowly moving parallel with the ground, so I thought it was someone outside, until it started going upward. It made quick movements once it was higher up, never leaving the window.
Then it stopped, I got up to check it out. The light stayed near the upper right corner of the window, until it "became" the moon.
Once I could clearly tell that that was indeed the moon, I went back to bed, but I couldn't see the moon from there.
I have left my curtains closed ever since! Lol.
I believe it was extraterrestrial, no one can convince me otherwise. I haven't seen anything like it since.

Sent from my Galaxy s8
Old 01-13-2020, 06:25 PM
Parrots:
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Thanked 5,333 Times in 1,863 Posts
Inger is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by ParrotLover2001 View Post
Back in 2012, I woke up during the night and saw a light outside my window.
It was slowly moving parallel with the ground, so I thought it was someone outside, until it started going upward. It made quick movements once it was higher up, never leaving the window.
Then it stopped, I got up to check it out. The light stayed near the upper right corner of the window, until it "became" the moon.
Once I could clearly tell that that was indeed the moon, I went back to bed, but I couldn't see the moon from there.
I have left my curtains closed ever since! Lol.
I believe it was extraterrestrial, no one can convince me otherwise. I haven't seen anything like it since.

Sent from my Galaxy s8
Of course you haven't! Your curtains are closed! LOL

I have a very vague recollection of being with my mom (I was probably 9) and we saw SOMETHING flying through the sky that was very symmetrical but not in any shape of a familiar flying thing. Visitors? Maybe. I think it's ridiculous to think that we are the only sentient beings in all the universe.

Related: I have a friend who's an archaeologist. She can't tell me how the Egyptians pulled off the pyramids, but she did say that aliens wasn't one of the theories she's currently following. So boring! Ha!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inger For This Useful Post:
AmyMyBlueFront  (01-13-2020), Laurasea Supporting Member (01-13-2020), SailBoat Supporting Member (01-14-2020), Scott  (01-14-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 06:49 PM
Parrots:
a budgie, and 2 cockatiels.
ParrotLover2001 is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Inger View Post

Of course you haven't! Your curtains are closed! LOL
Actually, now I work late (usually until around 10pm) so I was to see anything, it would be on my way home.

Sent from my Galaxy s8
Old 01-13-2020, 08:30 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Ta-dah 5yr (F )Turquoise cinnamon GCC, Neptune (M) blue quaker, Penny (F )rescue green quaker, Pikachu (U) lutino quaker, Cloudy and Clear(M's) parakeets, Burt The Bird (F) GCC of 17 wonderful years p
Thanked 10,632 Times in 3,787 Posts
Laurasea is on a distinguished road

I was hoping for more weird and waky, and unexplainable stories!
SailBoat Supporting Member (01-14-2020), Scott  (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo / RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanked 42,332 Times in 14,902 Posts
Scott is on a distinguished road

I was hoping for more weird and waky, and unexplainable stories!
Some of the weirdest are alien-abduction stories!
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
DYH Amazon

I have finished the reading and find that it requires a very open mind or one with limited exposure to the vastness of 'this' World to comfortably except as written.

There is no question that 'several' individuals developed and documented this writing. That documentation provides a foundation for the writing, but such documentation does not 'singularly' support this writing as the Answer to: Are we alone and if not who or what and /or why we are here and for what purpose... It is that single term that should give us cause to be concerned: "What Purpose, We?"

What it does support is that Travel between here and elsewhere is based on totally different technology then anything close to what we currently have or are believed to have...

Enjoy the night sky's as it is filled with wondrous things!

Last edited by SailBoat; Yesterday at 05:24 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailBoat For This Useful Post:
Laurasea Supporting Member (Yesterday), Scott  (Today)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Off Topic