Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Budgies/Parakeets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2019, 07:12 AM
S340 is on a distinguished road
Fighting or playing ?

A few days ago I introduce my female budgie to my male one. I was keeping them in separate rooms for taming purposes but they just wanted to see each other so much I couldnít resist putting them together after taming the female one just a little. They get along well groom each other etc. I realized the male one is a bit obsessive about the female. He always chase her, often wants to go top of her (which she doesnt want) and sometimes tries to bite her feet (i know this means bad). Even though itís like this the female one wants to be with him all the time ! Itís like a complex relationship And I donít know what to do. The video seems likThe video seems brutal but they are not always like that. They are chill/hanging out often as well. Should I separate them ? BTW im positive the white one is male but just assuming the other one as female (beak color is very whiteish)
Old 11-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Parrots:
2 Budgies "Southern Belle" a blue female "Beau Dandy" a green male
Location: West Central Louisiana, originally from Portland Oregon, my current profession let's me travel.
18WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road
Re: Fighting or playing ?

I am pretty sure he isn't trying to fight, my male chases my female often, sometimes they do a similar thing trying to stand on top of one another, just budgies being budgies, good on you for keeping an eye on them though, if he tries to stand on her and really gets to wiggling his hiney in a goofy looking way he's trying to make little budgies with her, so be careful there.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-( And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Thanked 8,683 Times in 3,420 Posts
AmyMyBlueFront is on a distinguished road

Honestly..to me..it looks like the white one has one thing on his mind...getting laid! how old are they? He could possibly be in breeding mode. If they were mine they would be in seperate cages. Keep the cages close so they can see each other, until his "urges" subside. That is MHO

Jim

And a Grey 'teil, BB...a.k.a. The Beebs
that was 18 weeks old 5/20/2016,

Rest in peace,my precious Smokey..4/2015 at 28 years young
Old 11-10-2019, 01:36 AM

Okay thanks for the reply, ill do that.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:00 AM

I forgot to mention they’re about four months old and I just separated them they’re next to each other but they’re just so eager to be with each other also !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Species Specific > Budgies/Parakeets