Echo attacking my fingers

Pilaf

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Pineapple/cinnamon green cheek conure
Echo is about 10 months old now and he's with me since July last year. He's is truly awesome, cuddly, and very sweet. Except for a few things and I don't know how to make this better.

This morning I was busy with putting my change in coin wrappers so I can bring it to the bank. Echo's cage is always open, unless we are not at home, or when we are cooking, and at night. But he can go where he pleases. While I was putting the coins in the coin wrappers (I have all the coins in a Tupperware, Echo flies to me, hops to the Tupperware, and starts attacking my fingers whenever I try to take a coin out of it. And then he really bites hard. I don't know what to do about this. I do say 'no' as soon as he goes for my fingers, and I reward him with 'good bird' if he just plays with a coin, but he just won't stop attacking and biting my fingers whenever I try to get a coin. He also does this when we play with legos. He keeps attacking my fingers whenever i try to take a piece of legos. It's like he sees it as his toys (the legos is actually for him, but it would be nice to play together) and he doesn't want me to tough it.

After a while trying to make him stop, I always put him in his cage because otherwise i can't finish putting the coins in the coin wrappers.

Does anybody know what to do about it?

jce2005

Jan 22, 2017
Clovis, NM
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure
DITTO !!! Almost the same here with Pico, my GCC..... Also very lovable, cuddly and sweet, but when he flies to the floor and wanders around, I CANNOT pickup anything ( and I mean anything, regardless what it is, small or big ) on the floor, without him running towards my finger and trying to bite me hard. Mostly I am faster.... Grinzzzzz

But I gave up on it.... LOL He probably won't change..... hahahaha And it's fine with me, I anyway spoil this brat wayyyyyy too much !

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Some birds are just like that...some hate plastic bags, some hates what you hold a cup, and some hates small blue items in my hands (I'm talking to you Ollie). They just will pick something and go crazy when they see it or see you touch it. Luckily mine just freaks out and doesn't bite but it's just they way it is! Just keep doing what you're doing...it may never get better but it's not so bad. Also, please don't let Echo put coins near his mouth... it's dirty and metal and not good for birdie.

OP
Pilaf

Pilaf

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Pineapple/cinnamon green cheek conure
Thank you both very much. Maybe I'll just put Echo in his fort (his cage), when I have to deal with my change/coins. Then I can avoid the whole finger massacre :)

Most Reactions