Cord Protectors ?

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Our Cockatoo Shelby bit a electrical cord, that even SPARKED,... eek !!!
Is there any metal wraps that will protect cords ?

We have a light for our other birds cage, that has spiral metal wrapping around it.

Any ideas ?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Ouch, that was close! Cockatoos love to chew, and it can be impossible to supervise every moment of their day. Depending on location, distance, and the need for flexibility, PVC piping is ideal. They can't easily penetrate, and the material is not a conductor.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I agree. I don't like the look of pvc on a cord, but I'd prefer that Shelby lives !
She's so,ooooo fast to get in trouble. Lol....

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Hi,

I’m an unplugger. If that’s even a word. Ha ;)
I unplug everything when Levi is on the counter. I pretty much baby proof everywhere Levi is and anticipate a possible danger. I treat Levi like a toddler getting into danger at any second.
I’d rather be safe than sorry. If that helps.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Shelby's been coming down fron her play stand and walking over to be closer to me on the couch, and climbing up my fan. I don't have it running, but plugged in. NO MORE of that missy-me !

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Mango recently worried away enough with just one single bite the insulating material in a cellphone charger (was plugged in at the time) to expose the metal conducting within, while we sat in bed on some weekend morning past. Mischievous critters...

Most Reactions

Latest posts