Rocky had a shower

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
I was taking a shower yesterday and to entertain Rocky, Hubby brought him in on his T-stand and let him peer over the curtain at me. He seemed really intrigued, so we pulled the curtain back a bit and I took the T-stand and tried putting him under the shower. Just a little, then a little more and finally got him wet all over. I've tried giving him bowls of all sizes. I've tried misting him, but he thinks he's being punished (apparently someone used that as punishment in his past; we don't). All along, he wanted a SHOWER. He takes baths in his water bowl when I vacuum, but of course, he won't fit and only gets his head and feet wet. I'm going to get him a shower perch right away.

sunshine.within

Sep 19, 2018
Oh my gosh I so want to try this! I attempted to pour water over Bianca the other day but she started moving further and further away from me so I dropped it. I think she might be taking it as a punishment like your Rocky does....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
My cockatiels like the spray bath but I have not brought them into the shower yet. It will be one to try! Congrats!!

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
How fun! Bumble is scared of the bathroom, so I can’t even try this. Luckily she likes to take her shower in the sink and lets me know when she wants one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Siobhan

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
Rocky is interested in the bathroom, anyway, and likes the colorful shower curtain and to admire himself in the mirror. I doubt he'd take a shower on his own, but he was willing to come in because I was in there. I'm his person. He likes his daddy, but I'm his person. LOL

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Different strokes for different folks... uh... parrots!
Good for you, for finding out what Rocky likes!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Unfortunately lots of people use squirt bottles to punish birds for screaming or whatever behaviour they wish to stop, and squirt water straight in their faces. I always mist my guys by aiming the nozzle upwards so that the mist of water falls on them like a natural shower of rain. My cockatiel isn’t as crazy about bathing in a dish but loves a good misting and does the whole head down wings out & positively turns himself inside out to get as much mist coverage as possible.

Most Reactions

Latest posts