Do GCC's develop new sounds?

Chibi

Sep 24, 2018
Hi all! I have had T.Rex for about 1.5 months now (he's 5 months old), and he's starting to make new noises. His usual sounds consisted of quacks, chirps that sound like "prrrrt", screams, or "cht cht." But this sound is totally new.

His new noise sounds kind of like a husky hawk or a baby dragon, if that makes sense. It's like a "AAAAAHHWWWW" but it also sounds like he's been a smoker for 20 years, haha. Does anyone know what this sound means?
Is he upset??? I'm not sure if I should be concerned or if he's just growing up! He's been doing it A LOT recently.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Birds (in general) change a lot from the time they are babies to adults (sounds, favorite things, favorite people etc).
Sounds normal-- DO MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T TOUCHING HIM IN A SEXUAL WAY----most birds can't handle the petting that they enjoy without becoming hormonal little monsters. Stick to the head only...

OP
C

Chibi

Sep 24, 2018
Birds (in general) change a lot from the time they are babies to adults (sounds, favorite things, favorite people etc).
Sounds normal-- DO MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T TOUCHING HIM IN A SEXUAL WAY----most birds can't handle the petting that they enjoy without becoming hormonal little monsters. Stick to the head only...

Yeah I make sure to avoid those areas lol

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Green Cheeks do make a lot of noises that are all over the place. My current male Yellow-Sided Green Cheek, Bowie, who is 2 years and 3 months old now, has actually developed into a very clear talker, and can say a ton of words and phrases. I got brought him home when he was 13 weeks old, and he started actually saying words when he was around 8 months or so old. Green Cheeks are not at all known for being good talkers, and I never expected him to talk, but he does. So yeah, expect your Green Cheek at only 5 months old to keep making new noise, sounds, and possibly start talking...

Most Reactions