My Parrots and I

Pheasantasiam

Nov 20, 2018
Hi Parrots (and people)

I have just signed up with my new Corella, Ella. Also living with me (and my wife) is Strawbs our Galah, our cockatiel boys Charlie, Joey, Poopie, Fry and Leela (yes Leela is a boy). We also have Red Rumps (Tweety and Sylvester), Turqs, Doves, Quail and Java Finches.

I have a large outdoor aviary which most of my birds live in called [ame="https://youtu.be/Waf2e3rAGHg"]The Pheasantasiam[/ame]

This is the newest addition to our family, [ame="https://youtu.be/O0rB7zjYheQ"]Ella the Corella[/ame]

Anywho I best go feed a nagging parrot before I loose a finger or a keyboard key!
:white1:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome to you and your flock :) What a beautiful aviary!! I’m envious of your climate and lack of predators in NZ that allows your birds to have such a natural environment - so wonderful for them.

OP
P

Pheasantasiam

Nov 20, 2018
Welcome to you and your flock :) What a beautiful aviary!! I’m envious of your climate and lack of predators in NZ that allows your birds to have such a natural environment - so wonderful for them.

It is a good environ here in Auckland for outdoor aviaries.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome to you and your family and flock! Oh I have Avairy envy!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A warm welcome to you and your flock! Absolutely magnificent videos, thanks for joining! Ella is a beauty!!

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Welcome! Beautiful flock you have!

We actually have a newer member who just adopted an adult Corella who is in Australia I believe, and I'm sure she would love to talk to you, as her little guy is a bit, shall we say...energetic? I'm sure any info and advice about Corellas that you could share would be much appreciated, as she is the only Corella owner in the community...well, until now!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Welcome to the forum!

We actually have a newer member who just adopted an adult Corella who is in Australia I believe, and I'm sure she would love to talk to you, as her little guy is a bit, shall we say...energetic? I'm sure any info and advice about Corellas that you could share would be much appreciated, as she is the only Corella owner in the community...well, until now!
We have more corella owners. An example is Scott - Goffin's cockatoo is a species of corella

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Welcome to the forum!

We have more corella owners. An example is Scott - Goffin's cockatoo is a species of corella

Not quite the same thing though...There are I believe 9 sub-species of Corella's, and the Goffin would definitely be the most docile of them...not anything like these two!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
There are 6 species of corellas: Goffin's, solomons, bare eyed, slender billed, western and Philippine cockatoo

OP
P

Pheasantasiam

Nov 20, 2018
Wow, I am surprised there are so few Corellas aboard this ship.

And we call them different things in this part of the world. Ella is a "little Corella" or "short billed Corella"

Most Reactions

Latest posts