African grey eating pinkie mice??

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Colorful Colorado with colorful birds
Parrots
6 budgies, 3 cockatiels, 1 amazon and two Indian ringnecks
Got your attention? I was window shopping craigslist, dude that swears he isn't a scam claims to have a two year old grey, says it's had dewclaws removed, eating pinkies, shots up to date, and about 7 other things that don't apply to birds. I hope he really doesn't have a bird at all. In very vulgar emails I was called every name in the book, so I called him out. I can give you guys info about the ad if you'd like to help flag him away, he posts in every state I've looked in, every city as well. Regardless I thought I'd share, unless I'm missing something here, and they do get pinkies? 😂😂😂😂

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Dewclaws removed?;?!?!? Shots?;?!?
Let alone pinkie eating!! They ((might???)) Very very early eat some sort of protein in the wild population.... Never heard of a captive parrot getting anything more thsn the rare bite of well cooked chicken

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I'm there with flboy, I'm very curious if you want to PM me it

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Parrots inthe wild will occasionally eay meay ( worms bugs ) and my Salty will eat chicken once in a while, but whole pinky mice? Hmmm. Fake news IMHO.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
That photo has been floating around since 2014! 100% scam!
The wording is typical off shore scammers!

Last edited:

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
it's like they clumped dogs, birds, and snakes into one post xD someone didn't proof read their copypasta

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
it's like they clumped dogs, birds, and snakes into one post xD someone didn't proof read their copypasta

Mmmmmmm, copypasta.... where do I get me some of that?? :)

Last edited:
OP
Smerft85

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Parrots
That photo has been floating around since 2014! 100% scam!
The wording is typical off shore scammers!

Him or someone responded, they don't like being called out or being called a scam. Very vulgar and rude, so I started returning the favor, trashing his clothing choice, and offering him a place to get smacked up, and that's when he ran like a coward. There's been many viewers of this thread, wonder how much fun he would have receiving 200+ emails calling him a scam!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I'm there with flboy, I'm very curious if you want to PM me it

DITTO! please send! I had a similar experience from some knucklehead on Craigslist when I was looking for a Grey! :eek:

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
"short-haired African Grey Parrot"????? :eek: LMBO!! If that's not a scam I don't know what is!! Thanks for the laugh!!

Jim

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Well, I got a reply! If someone else does this, let’s start a bidding war!
Hello,
Thanks for the interest in regards to the Parrot I have for Re homing. There is a male ( Luckie ) and a female ( Maggie ). They are pure breed Top Quality Parrot and AFA registered, vet checked and will come with all papers needed. The Parrot are very playful and are all of the absolute temperament as they also love playing with kids and other animals, both Parrots are 15 weeks. We are giving the Parrots out for adoption with the no adoption fee because we just relocate to a non-pets apartment so we can't keep them any longer. We will be very willing to give you these Parrots/Parrot if you promise to never sell them! and we would like you to get back to us with answers to the questions below so we can have an idea of where the Parrots are going to...

- Have you owned a pet before?
- Do you have a vet doctor?
- Where precisely are you located?
- Are you a breeder?
- Will you take both babies or just one? if one what sex?
- Do you have pets loving children at home?
- Give me a Brief Description of your Environment?
- Will you take good care of the babies like your own child?

At least with this information, We will get to know better where they will be going too. All we need is just a very caring and loving home for our babies where they will be well loved and spoiled to rotten. Thanks and will be waiting to read from you again. You can also text me through this number +1 (xxxxxxxxx)

OP
Smerft85

Smerft85

Jun 10, 2019
Parrots
Well, I got a reply! If someone else does this, let’s start a bidding war!
Hello,
Thanks for the interest in regards to the Parrot I have for Re homing. There is a male ( Luckie ) and a female ( Maggie ). They are pure breed Top Quality Parrot and AFA registered, vet checked and will come with all papers needed. The Parrot are very playful and are all of the absolute temperament as they also love playing with kids and other animals, both Parrots are 15 weeks. We are giving the Parrots out for adoption with the no adoption fee because we just relocate to a non-pets apartment so we can't keep them any longer. We will be very willing to give you these Parrots/Parrot if you promise to never sell them! and we would like you to get back to us with answers to the questions below so we can have an idea of where the Parrots are going to...

- Have you owned a pet before?
- Do you have a vet doctor?
- Where precisely are you located?
- Are you a breeder?
- Will you take both babies or just one? if one what sex?
- Do you have pets loving children at home?
- Give me a Brief Description of your Environment?
- Will you take good care of the babies like your own child?

At least with this information, We will get to know better where they will be going too. All we need is just a very caring and loving home for our babies where they will be well loved and spoiled to rotten. Thanks and will be waiting to read from you again. You can also text me through this number +1 (xxxxxxxxx)

With over 300 views to this thread (i think) i hope he is kept so busy he cant repost! He already knows my email address and knows I'm only there to drive him batty, so I don't think he will respond to me anymore, but yes, please, EVERYONE start scamming him, should be fun!

Most Reactions

Latest posts