Albies new birdie back pack arrived !

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
We had to toss out his old one due to mold on it, and weve decided to discontinue harness training because we have moved to an area with a huge population of raptors .

So we have a new carrier for him ! It needs to spend a couple days put side because it absolutely stinks ,but now he can join us on walks !

Attachments

• 20230511_125820.jpg
    20230511_125820.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 28

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
That looks great for Albie to join you outside! I like that the perch doesn't seem to be the typical wooden dowel that manufacturers like to throw in there. Very nice! :)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awesome! Looks a lot easier to grip for little birdie feet in a carrier that moves and bounces around. Somebody was actually thinking on that one! :)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
It feels really well made . Just need to get rid of this shoe shop chemically smell now

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I'm betting a day or so in the sunshine and fresh air will do the trick. Like line dried laundry, nothing smells better!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ahhhhh, that's right. Sunshine in the UK is a rare commodity ;)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
That's going to be so fun!!

It's warmed up here enough to take Opie out, but now that he's not a wee baby he's decided he doesn't want to go in the carrier! 😯 So now I have to start over with acclimating him, whomp whomp :/

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
That's going to be so fun!!

It's warmed up here enough to take Opie out, but now that he's not a wee baby he's decided he doesn't want to go in the carrier! 😯 So now I have to start over with acclimating him, whomp whomp :/
My one unzips both front and back so i might try to get albie to run through it first and gradually get him to sit on the perch before zipping up one side and the closing him in ....

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Oh I almost forgot! Opie did something yesterday that made me think of Albie shouting "I love you!" to the pizza guy :)

Cotton has a very specific cry when other birds get too close. 99.9% of the time it's Opie trying to inch even closer. If I'm in another room, I'll usually walk in and ask if Cotton's ok, and if he's not stressed I let them figure it out (and if he is I ask Opie to come).

Yesterday Opie was on my shoulder and our visiting cockatiel landed right in front of Cotton, who gave his cry warning. Clear as DAY in my high pitch, Opie says "Cotton are you ok???" 🤣😂🤣 then did it again when I said it! 😂🤣😂

I don't think Cotton will find it as amusing and cute as I did the next time Opie is all in his business just saying "Cotton are you ok?" on repeat 😂

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Opie sounds amazing !

Urgh his carrier still reeks after being out in the sun for a few days . Im now trying the bi carb of soda trick , see if that does anything. Its supposed to be nice at the week end and i really want him to join us on a day out

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
So mr.stitch doesnt want to take albie out with us at the weekend as hes worried hes gonna be over stimulated with a trip out AND having loads of guests over at the week end. So gonna take him out next week instead

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a great carrier! Were you able to get all of the smell out? It's probably a good thing to wait another week as Mr. Stitch suggested, another week of airing out couldn't hurt as well as the other reasons.

@Cottonoid , I couldn't stop laughing at Cotton :ROFLMAO: Please try to get him on video, their voices are so precious!

Most Reactions