Are Bird Kabob's SAFE for Hormonal Parakeets?(PREVENT EGG LAYING)

John6670

Feb 25, 2013
Have a situation where I'm trying to get my budgies to be less hormonal. I've heard stuff about how you're supposed to limit their daytime hours, separate them temporarily, make sure they have enough calcium, no nesting material etc.

However, I was wondering. Are Bird Kabob's okay for Budgies? Specifically, female Budgies? Can I put these objects in a cage without worrying about the object triggering even more of their hormones?

Or are they still good/fine to use?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    831.7 KB · Views: 17

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Have a situation where I'm trying to get my budgies to be less hormonal. I've heard stuff about how you're supposed to limit their daytime hours, separate them temporarily, make sure they have enough calcium, no nesting material etc.

However, I was wondering. Are Bird Kabob's okay for Budgies? Specifically, female Budgies? Can I put these objects in a cage without worrying about the object triggering even more of their hormones?

Or are they still good/fine to use?
I can't imagine how bird kabobs would make a female budgie hormonal. What are they made of? Are they a food treat or a toy?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Actually I have heard of female budgies becoming hormonal over bird kabobs before.
It won’t be a trigger for all female budgies, they have never caused nesting behaviors with my female.
I would just keep an eye on your female and make sure she’s just playing normally with it.
What are they made of? Are they a food treat or a toy?
They’re made of yucca which is a very soft fibrous wood.
It’s a toy too.

Last edited:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Actually I have heard of female budgies becoming hormonal over bird kabobs before.
It won’t be a trigger for all female budgies, they have never caused Beaty behavior with my female.
I would just keep an eye on your female and make sure she’s just playing normally with it.

They’re made of yucca which is a very soft fibrous wood.
It’s a toy too.
Really. That's interesting.

Most Reactions

Latest posts