Are these droppings normal?

pinkpanther5

Apr 15, 2014
20230831_082016.jpg

I already started a thread about my tiel who l love soo much but I'm worried. Do these look strange?In 12 hours(7Pm to 7AM), this is how much he pooped(add 2 more which he did in his food bowl). Behavior wise he relatively his normal self.

As

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Variation is droppings commonly occurs as a direct result of what goes in, comes out Theory!
The range appears to define the statement above.

What one is looking for is a transition to all very watery or discolored droppings, which is not seen in this example.

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
I agree with SailBoat. The photo does not show any watery or discolored droppings.

Matter of fact, those droppings that you have pictured look normal to me.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I agree with SailBoat. The photo does not show any watery or discolored droppings.

Matter of fact, those droppings that you have pictured look normal to me.
Great you collected them on clean white paper. Hard to evaluate them otherwise. They're healthy looking poops to me. Normal color and ratio of white urates to well formed greenish solids. A wet, clear, mostly colorless urine ring around them, large or small depending on how wet their diet is. One of my budgies eats a pretty wet diet (chop) and occasionally she just pees. These are all the things I look for when examining my birds' poops.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Yeah I realise I'm looking at poop.....but looks like some fine poop to me. I agree with above.

Most Reactions