kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
IMG_0289.jpeg

This is Nico a week after I got him. He went to the vet to get his first nail & beak trim. If you look at his nostrils there are no feathers. He has feathers now!!! So he’s improved 😊

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
So about the Hemp. I am still using it in the spray bottle for Nico’s baths. I discontinued the ingestion portion. Although I do believe it helped Nico’s feather plucking, and broken wing it sure is causing diarrhea. I did reach out to Nico’s vet to gather her thoughts as well. Just because Nico did benefit, but at the same time there’s a downfall.

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
So about the Hemp. I am still using it in the spray bottle for Nico’s baths. I discontinued the ingestion portion. Although I do believe it helped Nico’s feather plucking, and broken wing it sure is causing diarrhea. I did reach out to Nico’s vet to gather her thoughts as well. Just because Nico did benefit, but at the same time there’s a downfall.
Maybe he just needs a smaller dose? I give my birds supplements to help them but not everyday as it becomes detrimental if given too much. Their bodies are so tiny it's easy to overdo things with them. I'm glad it has been helping though!

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
For humans, they also say a schedule of 3 weeks on, 1 week off is good for supplements. Maybe an on/ off schedule could work for Nico? Might be worth checking with your vet! Nico is so lucky he found you; he looks so happy in recent pictures compared to the one you posted of him a week after you brought him home. ❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts