Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
So how do all of you post videos here?
I use the Photobucket app for iPhone and iPad for pictures with no problem (I usually use iPhone. The iPad takes awful quality pics, even worse than the phone lol). Anyway, my short video refuses to upload to Photobucket. Anyone have an idea why?

I wonder if I need a wifi connection to give it more 'strength' to upload (for lack of proper tech terminology)... Or does that not have anything to do with it?
The farthest it went is it said some sort of error message, so I tried again and now it just won't go at all.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
How are you trying to upload it? From a phone?

What did the error message actually say?

You say it's a short video, but how big is the file? Does photobucket have a file size limitation, and is the file smaller than that?

Yes, from iPhone.

Message said a bunch if 'computer' language and symbols, nothing that I could understand so I didn't even try to decipher it.

No idea of the file size or Photobucket limit, but it's very short 25 seconds so it doesn't seem unreasonable?

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Okay, I just downloaded the You Tube app.

I can only find where it says to sign in - but no place to sign up to start an account. Sorry if I'm being lame lol. I just can't see an option to sign up.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Try the YouTube "capture" app if you have trouble. You can create a whole channel that way :) keep in mind, it could take a few hours for a video uploaded on YouTube to be able to share on this site. If you've got youtube already, go to uploads, and you should be able to upload from there. If you have trouble, download capture and it's much easier.

Last edited:

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Message said a bunch if 'computer' language and symbols, nothing that I could understand so I didn't even try to decipher it.
Even if you don't "get it", the device is telling us what it's problem is, so writing it down and searching or asking about what it's actually telling us as to why it's got its knickers in a twist.

No idea of the file size or Photobucket limit, but it's very short 25 seconds so it doesn't seem unreasonable?
It would be a good idea to find out how big the file is, and what format it's in. You might need to reduce its size or change its format before uploading it. If you can find out how to locate the file on your phone and get its size and format, I can look it up on photobucket to see whether that's your problem. Do you have some kind of filelist on there? A list of all your photo/video files?

Timothy

Aug 16, 2014
Port Richey, Florida
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw [Maya] // Sun Conure Baby [Zippo] // 2 Lovebirds [Nibblet & Nellie]

Pssshh you dont speak PC? this is 2014! Laaaaame. (sorry, had to.)

(i use youtube then copy paste just fyi)

Timothy

Aug 16, 2014
Port Richey, Florida
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw [Maya] // Sun Conure Baby [Zippo] // 2 Lovebirds [Nibblet & Nellie]
uhm, i'd go ahead and use your PC if you have one to sign up, you can use your gmail account.

then sign in with your phone. should be able to use the share button to upload directly

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
It should upload into Photobucket, my video of Charlotte was done from my phone to Photobucket, but I'm using Galaxy S5 not an iPhone.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
For now, the computer isn't always accessible to me during the hours I'd like to use it. Plus it's the Windows7 and it's really different to me. I'm not as familiar with that as the older versions :( We haven't yet established an internet connection to the other computer yet, so for the time being, it's the tablet or phone.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll look a little more closely at the options tomorrow (when I'm not falling asleep)...

Most Reactions