christine chop shop power pellets

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Saw on facebook today that Christine's Chop Shop released a new "pellet". I reached out and they said theres no corn, soy, artifical colorants, or junk fillers. Anyone interested in trying it? I kinda wanna try... theres not many corn free pellets and I would like if I could get Aster and Apollo on corn free pellets as I'm constantly terrified Lincoln is gonna get into their food and relapse with his "allergies" to it.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
They dont list the ingredients. I personally wouldnt serve anything that doesnt give me the full list. “A few vegetable powders” isn’t specific enough for me personally as an Ekkie owner.

Were I to be feeding any other bird species, id probably be less concerned and think it’d make an interesting snack. Certainly not a primary diet/meal replacement.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Saw on facebook today that Christine's Chop Shop released a new "pellet". I reached out and they said theres no corn, soy, artifical colorants, or junk fillers. Anyone interested in trying it? I kinda wanna try... theres not many corn free pellets and I would like if I could get Aster and Apollo on corn free pellets as I'm constantly terrified Lincoln is gonna get into their food and relapse with his "allergies" to it.

You could email and ask them to give you the exact ingredients

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

You could email and ask them to give you the exact ingredients

There is an embarrassment of options out there that DO give the information up front right away. Not really worth the effort for basic i formation when i can go right next door, so to speak.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
There is an embarrassment of options out there that DO give the information up front right away. Not really worth the effort for basic i formation when i can go right next door, so to speak.
What do you mean by this? As in don't use this product?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

What do you mean by this? As in don't use this product?

You had said you can email a company to find out the ingredients. What Im saying is the default in the market place is to list ingredients. So there are so many options out there that do so, its not worth the time unraveling a senseless mystery.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
You had said you can email a company to find out the ingredients. What Im saying is the default in the market place is to list ingredients. So there are so many options out there that do so, its not worth the time unraveling a senseless mystery.
If they’d solve your bird’s allergy issues wouldn’t it be worth it?

Most Reactions

Latest posts