Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
In a manner of speaking.

This could go in a number of threads but it is specific for Bingo.

If I end up living up here in Oregon semi-permanently or permanently
it might be necessary to take Bingo out and about with me when I leave the house.
It gets pretty cold here in the winter, around freezing at the coldest not too much colder.
So was looking for a hard-shelled backpack for birds.
If it's something that will keep him for getting his tail feathers frozen.
For summer I already have a pak-o-bird though I an not completely happy with it.
Unfortunately (for bingo) we have a breading pair of red tailed hawks if not on our property very close so the aviator harness isn't safe.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Yup, we as well covered by five different Red Tail Hawk families. I fully understand your concern.

If your car is parked in a garage that connects to the home or even it not, try a Cat Carrier! Hard plastic, with a locking door. I added a perch to ours and Julio steps off my finger on to the perch and back from the perch to my finger. I preheat our SUV during cold weather and between the SUV and the Vets Clinic, I cover the Cat Carrier with a doubled-up bath towel or like sized flannel cover.

Have used this method for decades and all our Amazon have used a like combination.

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Pak-O-Bird makes a fleece cover for all their travel cages, I just bought one for Saltys P-O-B when they were at the local Bird Fair.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
We do what Mr. Boats does, so it must be right! hehe

But...

When we first moved to Ohio to New Mexico, we were a work in progress: the Rickeybird would dive down my shirt neck (usually a sweatshirt on cold days), scramble around and poke just his head out under my chin. Warm. And cute.

Most Reactions

Latest posts