Disabled "Nugget"

Watters7

Aug 27, 2018
CT
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Hello Everyone! This is "Nugget". He is approximately 5-6 weeks old and after bringing him to the vet, it was determined from X-rays that he has a dislocated left hip. However,
his neurological functioning in his feet is fine and he is able to navigate his way around the cage having placed flat perches lower to the floor and ladders to climb. Mama is still looking after him. When I hold his right foot on my finger and support his chest, he can balance himself. I'm hoping that my continuing to work with him will strengthen that right foot and he'll be able to navigate the cage even better. He's very sweet!

Attachments

• IMG_0660.PNG
    IMG_0660.PNG
    567.9 KB · Views: 9

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hello Everyone! This is "Nugget". He is approximately 5-6 weeks old and after bringing him to the vet, it was determined from X-rays that he has a dislocated left hip. However,
his neurological functioning in his feet is fine and he is able to navigate his way around the cage having placed flat perches lower to the floor and ladders to climb. Mama is still looking after him. When I hold his right foot on my finger and support his chest, he can balance himself. I'm hoping that my continuing to work with him will strengthen that right foot and he'll be able to navigate the cage even better. He's very sweet!
Glad he’s able to navigate!

I used to have a budgie with the same problem. Currently, I own a disabled sparrow and keep her in a long low cage with several platforms.
Sounds like you’ve already done that, good for you!

I’m sure his legs will strengthen in time, just go slow with him.

Very cute bird too!

OP
Watters7

Watters7

Aug 27, 2018
CT
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Glad he’s able to navigate!

I used to have a budgie with the same problem. Currently, I own a disabled sparrow and keep her in a long low cage with several platforms.
Sounds like you’ve already done that, good for you!

I’m sure his legs will strengthen in time, just go slow with him.

Very cute bird too!
Thank you so much!

Most Reactions

Latest posts