Good news and a request for information!

Clueless

Feb 14, 2012
Missouri
Parrots
Secret & MC, two blue front amazons
WOW! Didn't know there was any way to even guess what age an Amazon was. I'll have to see about getting good picks of my two and see if Henpecked can take a wild guess at mine. All I know is they are at LEAST 30 years - they have the import bands on their feet. I'm too scared to let the vet try to get them off yet. Secret was better at the second vet visit - didn't run up and bite him on the neck this time so we may have a chance in the future. . . .

Edward, not sure what the others would say about this - but I have been giving my parrots 2 different choices of pellets (Zupreem & Roudybush-spelling may be off there). I figured I like variety - why wouldn't they? I also occasionally give them a little of a cooked sweet potato (inside only, was told outside could carry fungus) - make sure any cooked food is just warm though and no hot spots from the microwave. Scrub any vegetable you give them since little amounts of anything on the outside can hurt these guys. I also have given a piece of cooked squash, cooked regular oatmeal. . . green beans (no salt) - and I always google anything I think about giving them since I don't know and don't want to hurt them. For instance, apple seeds have something bad in them - so avoid the seeds when you give them a slice. I also give dehydrated vegetables that I get at the bird store - but since I have a dehydrator, I'm going to try to figure out how to do that on my own to avoid the expense.

Again - thanks for adopting!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I'm sure i've set myself up for failure now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts