Got asked to do a presentation on Salty and me!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
The local parrot club, Long Island Parrot Society, asked me to speak at one of their few live meetings, on me and Salty and how we got to where we are. I am pretty pumped about it, they usually have well known authors in aviculture and directors of parrot sanctuaries and the like. Good thing I like public speaking! Gotta break out the tweed sports jacket and knitted vest. You can bet I will mention the ParrotForums several times!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
The local parrot club, Long Island Parrot Society, asked me to speak at one of their few live meetings, on me and Salty and how we got to where we are. I am pretty pumped about it, they usually have well known authors in aviculture and directors of parrot sanctuaries and the like. Good thing I like public speaking! Gotta break out the tweed sports jacket and knitted vest. You can bet I will mention the ParrotForums several times!
Well that sounds pretty darned awesome, Master Wrench!! Will Salty be making an appearance there too? Ooooooooooooo I hope someone gets some video footage so you can share it here with us!! 😍

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
March 20, so hopefully it won't be freezing out. I would love to have him do some of his more impressive tricks, like stacking blocks or picking the Kings out a deck of cards, but we'll have to see.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
That's very exciting! When are you speaking? Is Salty going to give a demonstration? Are you nervous that Salty may not behave? Make sure you have it videotaped so all of us can watch.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Congratulations to you, and to Salty. Those of us here who have read about all that you and Salty have accomplished together, and how successful your training sessions have been, won't be surprised about your invitation to speak. I imagine that Salty will enjoy being the center of attention-- he is an Amazon after all-- and will probably cooperate in demonstrating the things he's learned.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Julio and I have done several such presentations!

I find that it is best to not expect too much from Salty as it can easily be a Radioactive Moment! Best to expect little and enjoy it if he likes the moment and charms everyone! Point being, it is so far out of the norm for him that his reaction is never assured.

From your stand point, typical presentation stuff! As always an outline is alway helpful. Business presentation or a Parrot presentation is fundamentally the same, except Salty is more enjoyable to be with.

Keep an eye on Salty as if he shows any signs of fear move him to a safe place quickly!

Enjoy Good Friend!

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
'Boats we will do some practice runs at the rehab my wife is at for the next month or so. I'm thinking bringing him in harness and taking the pak-o-bird with us if he gets upset. He's been with me on several gigs with the band and seemed to be OK mostly with lots of people around him.

And yeah I've done lots of presentations in SKye, Teams and other video services for work. Outlines and speaking points always help.

Thanks, mate, for the tips!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Can you video and upload to YouTube?
I think we would all like to see it.

oh…
break a leg LOL.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Maybe you can start doing the interview circuit.
Next stop Opra.

Tico and the man have done Sweden’s got talent and a few tv interviews.

I am sure he’s got it in him.
But he might like the life of a celebrity.

Most Reactions

Latest posts