Happy Mardi Gras!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I hope your king cakes are delicious and your beads are kept far away from the parrots, LOL!

About to run out to get king cake for the family - it isnā€™t celebrated where I live now but as a Louisiana transplant, hunting down king cakes is my new Mardi Gras tradition!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm from nowhere near there, but I would love to try a King Cake! I had to look it up, and it sounds amazing! I'm on my way for a visit, Tyler, please save me a piece:) :D:D:D

321064.gif

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Having experienced Mardi-Gras back in the early 80's, back when everything was still not PC, I honestly can say there is nothing like it. Well, maybe the Pirate's Salty Ball.

Happy Fat Tuesday ya'all.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Its definitely still not PC, LOL.

Some of the parade floats donā€™t throw to children, because, well. Letā€™s just say Iā€™ve gotten a few very hilarious throws. And of course, the tried and true method for getting extra beads is a tale as old as timeā€¦guess itā€™s a good thing NOLA is always warm!

We had king cake and paczki for lunch. I might end up taking a sugar nap, haha, but it was worth it!

11796155-03B3-4DCD-9025-12EA763E706A.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Its definitely still not PC, LOL.

Some of the parade floats donā€™t throw to children, because, well. Letā€™s just say Iā€™ve gotten a few very hilarious throws. And of course, the tried and true method for getting extra beads is a tale as old as timeā€¦guess itā€™s a good thing NOLA is always warm!

We had king cake and paczki for lunch. I might end up taking a sugar nap, haha, but it was worth it!

View attachment 47763
Thank you for saving me some!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
A Joyous Mardi-Gras For All!!

Celebrations started well before 'six bells' with the arrival of the Baker's box of jelly style Paczki's and cream filled King's Cake. A local variation on the Southern standard. The parade was never a reality here as historical Winter was more brutal than its current form. As other than big eye's attempting to melt (sneak off with) gifts from the Baker's box, children are as lacking as the parade.

Again, A Joyous Mardi-Gras For All!!

Red Sky's are predicted for the coming morning and the Admiral has already call for a high-tide cast-off prior to '22 bells'.

Be well good friends, be well indeed!!

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Our kids had more traditional jelly filled paczki (blackberry and raspberry!) but before I could grab my phone to take a pic, they licked all the sugar off the top :LOL:

The parrots gotā€¦well, Kirby got some birdie brittle (his favorite one is pumpkin) and Sammy had some of an Aussie bites muffin!

I got to take apart Kirbyā€™s old cage to donate. A very busy Fat Tuesday!

tomhard05

Feb 22, 2023
I genuinely hope you enjoy your king cakes and stay clear of the parrots with your necklaces, LOL! Even though it isn't celebrated where I now live, since I relocated to Louisiana, finding king cakes and SSSniperwolf merchandise has become my new Mardi Gras tradition.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts