Hello From Tiki The Indian Ringneck!

ReadB23

Sep 4, 2023
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
Hello All!

This is my Tiki the Indian Ringneck Parrot, he is a little over 6 months old, hatch date is end of February. I have had him since he was 2 months old, and boy has he come a long way! He is for sure like a 1 year old baby lol and is very curious about everything! He is obsessed with me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol… But he does love my wife also and my 2 daughters ( 11 & 6 ) Besides now he tells me this “Molting thing is for the birds” LOL. I started training with him pretty much right away, he picked up on stuff so fast for treats lol! I give him all natural organic chop for dinner, and throughout the day he gets his organic pellets. I could go on and on! It is nice to be here, if anyone has any questions please ask!

Here is Tiki’s link to his YouTube page and all the things I have done to tame and train so far -

DJI_20230829_194245_085.jpeg

IMG_2906.jpeg

IMG_2876.jpeg

IMG_2934.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hello All!

This is my Tiki the Indian Ringneck Parrot, he is a little over 6 months old, hatch date is end of February. I have had him since he was 2 months old, and boy has he come a long way! He is for sure like a 1 year old baby lol and is very curious about everything! He is obsessed with me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol… But he does love my wife also and my 2 daughters ( 11 & 6 ) Besides now he tells me this “Molting thing is for the birds” LOL. I started training with him pretty much right away, he picked up on stuff so fast for treats lol! I give him all natural organic chop for dinner, and throughout the day he gets his organic pellets. I could go on and on! It is nice to be here, if anyone has any questions please ask!

Here is Tiki’s link to his YouTube page and all the things I have done to tame and train so far -

View attachment 53969

View attachment 53971
View attachment 53973
View attachment 53970
Welcome to the forums, Tiki is a handsome fella 😍 It's great to have you and all of yours aboard!!

OP
ReadB23

ReadB23

Sep 4, 2023
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
Welcome to the forums, Tiki is a handsome fella 😍 It's great to have you and all of yours aboard!!
Thank you very much! Glad to be here to gain knowledge and provide it also!

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Welcome! Tiki is stunning!

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
How I love IRNs! TIki is so beautiful. IRNs are so unique and full of personality. Can’t wait to see more of Tiki’s antics!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed!

If you like teaching your parrot tricks, check out some of Saltys videos, link below.
Things like picking the Kings out of a deck of cards, stacking kids ABC blocks, learning to retrieve a requested item (ball, bell, small animal figures etc), playing xylophone and piano are not hard to teach your parrot once they understand what training time means. They love to learn new things.

Most Reactions

Latest posts