Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
Hi so as you know I got a ekkie and I was wondering what to feed her cause the breeder said to only eat egg food and a bit of seed mix and a little bit of fruit. So I was wondering what would you feed? I was wondering should I feed her chop?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I would offer chop, but also be making sure she's eating. Ekkies often take a little longer to fully wean, so consider offering baby bird formula until she flat out refuses it every time. Kinda disappointing that the breeder sold her before she was fully weaned. You might also give this a read:

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
I would offer chop, but also be making sure she's eating. Ekkies often take a little longer to fully wean, so consider offering baby bird formula until she flat out refuses it every time. Kinda disappointing that the breeder sold her before she was fully weaned. You might also give this a read:
Hi the thing is that she already rejects baby bird formula.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ahhh, okay. Then now is the time to introduce chop and a big variety of different foods. Seeds are not inherently evil, but should be kept to a minimum. Lots of veg, pulses, grains, fruit but not heavy on that, Ruby is a baby so you don't have the hormonal issues yet, but the sugary stuff like fruits can be a big trigger for the hormones later.

Most Reactions

Latest posts