HELP!!!!

BishoLeo96

Dec 17, 2022
Donā€™t exactly know whats going on with my female parakeetā€¦ šŸ˜“ I dont know what that white ā€œfurā€ is. Sheā€™s been nesting on eggs but they never hatched. her stomach looks a little puffy and white

Attachments

• IMG_1617.jpeg
    IMG_1617.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 22

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Donā€™t exactly know whats going on with my female parakeetā€¦ šŸ˜“ I dont know what that white ā€œfurā€ is. Sheā€™s been nesting on eggs but they never hatched. her stomach looks a little puffy and white
It looks like she's been plucking to me. Are you trying to breed her? It's not a good idea unless you know what you're doing as it can cause a lot of stress for them.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
If sheā€™s been sitting on eggs it could be a brooding patch. The feathers wear off or the hen will pluck them in order to get the eggs in direct contact with the warmth of her skin. If she has stopped setting on eggs they should grow back in a little while. Just keep an eye on her to make sure she isnā€™t losing more. šŸ™‚

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
If sheā€™s been sitting on eggs it could be a brooding patch. The feathers wear off or the hen will pluck them in order to get the eggs in direct contact with the warmth of her skin. If she has stopped setting on eggs they should grow back in a little while. Just keep an eye on her to make sure she isnā€™t losing more. šŸ™‚
It's very normal for brooding hens to pluck a brood patch like this to help keep her eggs warm. The feathers will grow back. Budgies rarely become habitual feather pluckers like some other parrots.

Most Reactions

Latest posts