How Bad is Pretty Bird Food?

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
My foster leaning towards foster fail came home today from spending around a week at the vets.
They tried several different samples of food Harrisons, Lafeber, Tops, Roudybush, and then Pretty Bird.
The only thing they could get her to eat was pretty bird, he said for now it is a start and better than seeds.
But would a good quality seed diet be better than pretty bird? I just feel like I am feeding her fruit loops which is like candy to me not a true breakfast food.

Attachments

• Midori.jpg
    Midori.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 45

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My foster leaning towards foster fail came home today from spending around a week at the vets.
They tried several different samples of food Harrisons, Lafeber, Tops, Roudybush, and then Pretty Bird.
The only thing they could get her to eat was pretty bird, he said for now it is a start and better than seeds.
But would a good quality seed diet be better than pretty bird? I just feel like I am feeding her fruit loops which is like candy to me not a true breakfast food.
Well Pretty bird isn't great but at least she's eating a pellet. You could mix a high quality seed mix say 1 part seed and 3 parts pellets for more diversity. I use Dr. Harveys one of the best seed mixes out there, you could also use one of TOPs.
You could try making birdie bread and using a better pellet as the flour base, also a great way to sneak other healthy things in.
Does she eat any veggies or fruit?
You should probably check with your vet as well to see if they agree

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think pretty bird isnā€™t great but itā€™s better than an all seed diet. I hear fruity zupreem is acceptable to most birds, too; thatā€™s what the vet school keeps on hand for a pelleted diet. I donā€™t know if fruit zupreem would be any better?

I finally got my Quaker to eat Harrisonā€™s high potency. My Meyers will eat zupreem plain, Harrisonā€™s, zupreem fruityā€¦. I went through four different pellets trying to get the Quaker to accept them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts